Sunday, August 27, 2006
Champagne Weekend

Thanks everyone for helping me out, I've been insanely busy preparing for the final three weeks of the semester when everything is due. This week it was a presentation and an exam (that I think I bombed, even though I studied for 8 freaking hours).

TFG decided that we needed a weekend away, and planned a surprise trip for our anniversary.

After an hour in the car we arrived in Surfer's Paradise, at this hotel.

It has been 8 months since I slept that well. The duvet, the sheets, the feather pillows. Heaven.

We got there and were allowed to check in early (and because of a room mix up, we got to checkout late!) and the room had champagne and chocolates waiting for us.

We decided to check out their faux beach and reef, and sipped wine and ate gourmet pizzas in the sun. After a hot bath and more wine, we fell asleep! We woke up 15 minutes before our dinner reservation, at Benihana (where dinner is the show and the secret ingredient is salt).

Our lovely dinner left us tired and aching to get back into that lovely bed, so we settled in with more champagne, and room service desserts.

Since our room on the 27th floor (of a 28 floor building) provided us with a lovely view of the ocean, we decided to have a wakeup call in time for the sunrise.
After watching the sun rise from beneath the clouds, it was time for my favourite part of staying at any fancy hotel, the breakfast buffet. I ate some of the most decadent foods that I haven't had in a long time, (like bagels, brie smoked salmon, bacon, hashbrowns, banana bread and mimosas) and spent the rest of the day feeling fat and lazy by the pool, or by the hot tub, or going down the water slide.

Best weekend ever.
God I love TFG.


5 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

That sounds like good fun. Well done, TFG.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Fabulous.

I'm completely jealous.

Blogger msmachine said...

I wish!
Happy Anniversary

Blogger Jaded said...

Happy Anniversary!

Although I am insanely jealous.

Blogger Maddie said...

I'm drooling.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting