Thursday, August 17, 2006
Ah yes, those dirty liberals are at it again.

So I was gonna write a post about how I enjoyed this article that my mum sent me from the LA Times. I appreciated this portion especially (on the topic of family planning):

This is our decision, our sense of what is right, our individual accountability. It's what I think of when I hear that amorphous term "pro-choice," the choice to live as I see fit, to make decisions and deal with the consequences. That's what the ongoing debate over reproductive freedom misses: that you can't legislate morality, that being an adult means measuring pros and cons, compromising, deciding what you can bear and what you can't. In the end, it's a matter of personal, as opposed to social, conscience, a conversation we each must have with ourselves.
...
We live in a culture that doesn't want to own up to this, that wants some vaguely parental-style authority — God, the government, even science — to tell us what to do. We live in a culture that doesn't want us to grow up, that wants policymakers to do the intellectual and emotional heavy lifting so we don't have to wrestle with the ambiguities.

As I was searching for this article to let you all know about it, I came across this...
some of my favourite quotes from this all out hate-fest?

Birth control pills kill a woman's hormones and is poison for her body. Those are the facts!
- Ah yes, be careful swinging your "facts" around cause they can get away with the right's movement to eliminate those from science.
Abortion is the sacrement of liberals religion.
-Ah you forgot something, liberals are godless or did you forget that?

When they aren't campaigning for terrorists, the Left these days seems to be on an "I loved my abortion" kick. This piece is a variant on that theme.
- Ah yes, Liberals just LOVE terrorists and abortions. It's getting harder and harder to hide our devil horns.

Is recreational sex between married couples now a bad thing? Must all sexual relations between married couples now be specifically to have children?

My wife thinks so. As probably do a lot of women.
-how sad for him, someone get this man a lapdance, STAT.


194 comments. All like this.
How lovely.
I'm going to go watch "The Daily Show: Global Edition" and guess what? Australia doesn't censor, so Jon can say "fuck" all he wants.


7 Comments:

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Ugh.

I'm so angry, scared, and sad right now. The level of vitriol and self-righteousness in those comments is deeply, deeply disturbing.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Remember Mary? She was unwed when she got pregnant. Maybe God was trying to make a point.

Also, I was on the pill between ages 18 and 30. Yet I produced two children and was pregnant an additional 2 times when I miscarried. My hormones survived the onslaught.

Blogger Fella said...

Did they contribute to you being a big ball of crazy?

Blogger Jaded said...

I have too much to say to even begin. All the self-righteousness, name calling, judgment, damnation, accusations...all of that came from "good Christians?!"

Ultra consevative evangelicals are insane. Seriously. And they say I am a heretic.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

tits- seething is the word... it's working for me right now.

Ubie- ultra-christian evangelicals are against anything that prevents you from staying barefoot and pregnant from 15 to 50. That includes birth control.

nick- not as much as you did.

Jaded- if you are a heretic then I'm..... something much worse.

Blogger Megan said...

oh, man, i didn't realize i was playing into the ultra-christian fundamentalist plan... i'm barefoot AND pregnant RIGHT NOW.

CRAP.

good thing i'm not married or i'd have to become a convservative.

Blogger Megan said...

btw, i need to comment here as something other than sis b. you need to allow non-blogger people to comment so i can use my nifty pseudonym. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting