Monday, June 27, 2005
Ah the Cottage...
*Disclaimer* I love my boyfriend... And his family, and I appreciate that he takes me to his cottage and drives me in his car (I don't have a car), so when I talk about this it is lighthearted, not meant to be taken very seriously..... His family is DAMN funny, and I can't help but share it with all of you....

That being said..


Crazy Cottage Weekend!!!
First lets start with the actual departure..

Friday Afternoon

My boyfriend had warned me that the A/C was no longer working but the thought hadn't really sunk in.

It was gross. I was gross, and when I get gross, I get pissy. We are driving on a packed highway, it is a GAZILLION degrees, and I'm wearing a padded bra.

Say it with me... ick.

So we are driving down the bumper to bumper high way at 2pm (why is it packed at 2 pm? to piss me off) and I managed to throw on my bikini top and save my dignity (read: without showing my breasteses to the nearby truckers).

But I'm still hot. It's too hot to think. It's too breath.

We stop at a book store. My boyfriend tries to touch me and I snap at him. Why? because I feel gross.

I get to the bathroom and my bikini top is sticking to me, and I have that awful line of sweat coming down my butt. No fun. After walking around the bookstore long enough to feel human, we drove to his sisters place.. Just to visit..

We spent the night there... It was great.

I had and amazing time with his sister (and not just because she had air conditioning) , I feel like we really connect.. I've never had a sister, and nor has she.. It was fun.. had dinner, drank loads of wine, played cards, watch Scrubs. Great night.

Saturday Morning
We got out of the house pretty early and made great time to the cottage. The weather was amazing. Loads of fun, relaxed on the beach, took a long walk into town...

Kicked my boyfriends ass at air hockey, and enjoyed walking around checking out the beach trash....

Then it was dinner time....

Now if any of you come from a family that believed in "Cookin With Campbells" you might find this next little part offensive...

For dinner my boyfriend's mum cooked. She always cooks, never assumes we can fend ourselves. I think she knows we can but it is so much more stressful for her to watch other people in her kitchen.

BF's mum believes in the Cambpells method of cooking. ick.. It goes like so..

Take one package of frozen chicken breasts.
Take one can of "Cream of Mushroom Soup" double ick
Take some sour cream, taragon and other ancient spices,
Whip it all together in a roasting pan
Cook until a wierd pale grey color
Serve.

My boyfriend loves it.

He understands I WILL NEVER MAKE IT and if he makes it for me I won't eat it.. and loves me anyway.


Sunday Morning
One of the BF's younger brother's friends comes down from the attic bedroom and is frantic.

He brought home some sluts.

Fat Sluts.

He wants them to get out of the house without anyone (Read "adults") seeing them.

Hilarious.

And for the record, they weren't that fat, but why he had two we weren't sure. They were just larger punk rock girls with very short skirts on trying to shimmy down a ladder to get down from the attic, never a good angle for anyone!

Spent most of Sunday on the beach working the tan I swore I wouldn't have this year.

Came back to Toronto in the dark, cool(er) night.

Great weekend.

-L


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting