Thursday, June 23, 2005
Reading the Paper Again..
So a few posts ago I talked about Dr. Morgentaler and about some of the backlash... I found this letter to the editor from the Toronto Star (still an evil paper!)

I am appalled that the University of Western Ontario has given abortionist Dr. Henry Morgentaler an honorary doctorate. Morgentaler was the pioneer of legalized abortion in Canada. For the past several years, he has advocated abortion as a means of removing unwanted children from our midst. He might more aptly be called Dr. Death.
While the term "choice" may sound democratic, the person who opts for abortion is neglecting to consider the fundamental right to life of the mother's unborn fetus. To claim the right to abortion and to recognize that right in law, means to attribute to human freedom a perverse and evil significance — that of an absolute power over others and against others. This is the death of true freedom.

Today, in many people's consciences, the perception of the gravity of abortion has become progressively obscured. The acceptance of abortion in the popular mind, in behaviour and even in law itself, is a telling sign of an extremely dangerous crisis of the moral sense, which is becoming more and more incapable of distinguishing between good and evil, even when the fundamental right to life is at stake. Given such a grave situation, we need now more than ever to have the courage to look the truth in the eye and to call things by their proper name, without yielding to convenient compromises or to the temptation of self-deception.

In honouring Morgentaler, the university has done irreparable harm to its reputation. I encourage all those thinking of attending the school in the future as well as those presently affiliated with the university in various capacities, to seek out an alternative place of employment and learning — one that does not promote and glorify the culture of death.

Paul Kokoski, Hamilton


Why thank you Paul!!! I had no idea that I graduated from an organization that promoted the culture of death! I was under the impression I was at one of the best educational facilities in the Province!

Excuse me while I go burn my diploma in effigy.

Honestly though, if a University cannot feel comfortable to allow great minds to grow and discuss their ideas not matter how controversial then we will never have any more progress!



-L


1 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Josh, I see that you keep returning to my blog in hopes of my angered reply appearing here...

I find that you will be rather dissapointed

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting