Monday, September 05, 2005
I have a confession....
I listen to NPR
A lot.

I love it, driving in the car has a new dimension to it when I can hear the soft voice of Terry Gross interviewing someone, or be introduced to some new book or cd, all while driving...

"Fresh Air" is definetly my favorite though, the interviews, music reviews and overall interesting articles brighten my day. She interviews everyone from Bill O'Reilly (who hung up on her, asshole) to Will Smith. This past week was actually Hip Hop week, and she interviewed all kinds of interesting pioneers..

My favorite interview would have to be with Paul Anka. He recently released a new cd called "rock swings" in which he takes the songs of my youth and turns them into swinging jazz tunes. It's awful. You aren't supposed to take "Smells like Teen Spirit" out of its rightful place in grunge, where the lyrics are barely understandable, and the angst can come through.
click here to listen to the interview or a few of the songs he mangled

Now if I could only figure out this podcasting thing, I would be a VERY happy woman..

LMK...

PS.. for those of you that were too busy enjoying the long weekend to blog, I wrote my first FFF, its right crap, but you might have a little bit of a laugh...


3 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

sorry sweet petunia, but it is just sacrilege to me.. that and "wonderwall"?!?!? just wrong..

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Does he do Motley Crue? Cause I bet he'd do a great "Dr. Feelgood."

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

No Crue unfortunately, but here is a track list:
1. It's My Life (Bon Jovi)
2. True (Spandau Ballet)
3. Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
4. Everybody Hurts (REM)
5. Wonderwall (Oasis)
6. Blackhole Sun (Soundgarden)
7. It’s a Sin (Pet Shop Boys)
8. Jump (Van Halen)
9. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
10. Hello (Lionel Richie)
11. Eyes Without a Face (Billy Idol)
12. Lovecats (The Cure)
13. The Way You Make Me Feel (Michael Jackson)
14. Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton

oh and petunia, I thought of something worse, Shatner performing these songs!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting