Tuesday, March 14, 2006
I bring you flowers and a .22 with shells
I was starting my 25 minute commute to school, listening to my iPod and I found deathcab to be a little to quiet and timid for my lethargic saunter so I whipped on some Bare Naked Ladies.

God, I love that band. There is something about a band that doesn't sing about the same tired subjects all the time that I find really interesting. They are able to write songs of empathetic poetry from a variety of personas. They show compassion without pity and a creative edge in talking about people who commit suicide, wash high rise windows, work on a farm and go crazy and single mothers while never looking down at these characters they create.

I got the chance to see them perform with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and a full choir and it was just amazing. Hearing their sometimes goofy lyrics backed up by 50 singers and some fantastic instruments would have been comical if it hadn't been so beautiful.

In other news, things on the car front are looking up and we could have it all sorted and driving by Friday! I got frightened last night at the prospect of being so grown up, having a car that managed to pay half of, having an apartment my parents didn't help pick out and decorate, getting gray hair, it's all been very empowering...except for maybe the gray hair.

Thanks for all the kudos on the new blog template! I made it myself as a test run for the one I have to make for school, how sweet is that?!?


11 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i heart it.

i need one myself.

Blogger Maddie said...

Your template looks awesome! I need to do something with mine...did you have html experience before or did you monkey around with it? Any resource suggestions for your mentally challenged blog friend?

Blogger Tumbleweed said...

I do like the new template. It looks great!! I don't know how to write code, I just use Dreamweaver to do my websites and it writes the code for me. I am a cheater....but in a creative way!

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Miss Kendra - thanks! there are some fabulous free templates out there that are boot-i-ful, as well as the fun of messing with it yourself.

Pants- I took some HTML in uni, there are tons of great resources out there and I can email you with them. Most of what I learned creating the template was from tinkering with it and seeing what happened, and the big trick is to start with a template and mess with it instead of doing one from scratch!

tumbleweed- I want to learn how to use dream-weaver, we have it at school and it looks pretty awesome.

Blogger Buffy said...

BNL remind me of high school and cruisin in the Hooptie.

Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Grey hair rocks, and so does you rnew template :)

Blogger FRITZ said...

Gosh, I DO love your template, but I thought I was too cool to just NOW have a blog-tog by ms. cat!

Also: I never thought I would say this but...I adore Barenaked Ladies AND Deathcab for Cutie.

So, big ups to you and your big life, Chiquita!

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

This place looks great! I know html but I can't do anything this cute.

I can't wait to hear about you driving on the wrong side of the road. Oooooh...I feel a new post from me coming on! Brookie driving down under!

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

brooke, I keep making TFG drive...

I try to plan how I would react as a passenger and its pretty sad, I'm alright until we have to turn.

Blogger Megan said...

I love BNL for all the reasons you mentioned and for the fact that almost all of their relationship songs in 1997 and 1998 signify my relationship with my first love.

as for being grown up, you won't be until it's no longer thrilling that you're doing these things without your parents' assistance. :) so you have a little more time before you wake up and look in the mirror and say "holy crap where did that old ass adult come from!?"

i have gray, too, and i wear it with pride, even though i'm only 26. it's in a streak and i hope i look like Rogue in a couple of years.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

ooh.... that could be fun sis b... if only my gray wasn't coming in all salt and pepper...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting