Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Sorry....
While my mother is counting down the days until my return (I get emails every other day letting me know just how many days I have left) I am not so happy. As much as I LOVE getting to move around, uproot my life and reformat it like TFG's shitty computer (feel the sarcasm) I forgot that one thing that is even worse then packing up and leaving is having to go back. There are people that I will be leaving here who (as I found out over the weekend) will be immensely sad when I depart.
TFG and I have made a little life for ourselves, our people at the bank know our name, our grocer knows us, the guy at the movie store doesn't ask for our PIN and we are just generally cozy. It's like "west end" Brisbane is our own crazy little town from "Gilmore Girls".

So why should you care about all of this? Good question.
With my leaving in 22 days, I have been spending as little time as possible in front of the computer and as much time as I can enjoying my last summer in Brisbane (for a while anyway).

I've decided to start a list of things I love about Australia and it will continue to grow long after I leave and start missing it...

  • I love that I know what "Hotter then a Gold Coast Meter Maid" means.
  • I love that most aussies I know are aware that vegemite is the shit they scrape off a beer barrel (the stuff they can't put in the beer) and they still spread it on toast.
  • Ilove that I lived in "Brizney Land" aka "Bris-vegas" aka Brisbane and I didn't know that until I went to Melbourne.
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE Passion fruit


6 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

Star's Hollow is the name of the town.

I'm guessing. I mean, I wouldn't know for sure.

That's what Google told me anyway.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i'm moving there and becoming a meter maid, because those girls can't possibly have any problems.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Those are some seriously hot meter maids.

Sorry the transition is a hard one, sweetie. I fucking hate moving.

Blogger Fella said...

You know what's hotter than a gold coast metermaid? Politics in Kansas.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

You know what's sluttier than Nick?

Nothing.

Blogger Monkey said...

I feel your pain Miss Knit. Are you coming back to Canada? (I'm out of the loop.)

I left Australia 13 years ago and I still miss it. I send hugs.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting