Monday, October 16, 2006
Why My Weekend Rocked.
Seeing as my last post apparently made me sound like Helen Lovejoy, I thought I would tell you about my fabulous weekend.

It all started on Friday when I got to go to bed at 8 pm. Being a student teacher, especially on the first week is stressful and tiring, so getting to sleep from 8pm until 9 am was fantastic.
On Saturday morning TFG and I went to the best fresh produce market EVER! Here are just some of the fabulous things we bought:
We had such a lovely time at the market we decided to be super lazy and read by the pool followed by a "nap". We woke up just in time to have friends over for my latest experiment of polenta with fresh prawns, sun-dried tomatoes, locally grown olives and a variety of other lovely things.

There was many a round of mojitos (because we had fresh mint) and our favourite card game, WIZARD!!!

We made it to bed around midnight and had a fantastic sleep since it was a cooler night. On Sunday we had a nice breakfast followed by another "nap" then off to our local coffee shop called "The Three Monkeys".
It is most certainly the "most atmospheric cafe in Brisbane" and I love it for the massive-fuck-off coffee.
there was a great picture of me sipping it but there was massive amounts of cleavage and while I am the kinda girl that shows off her tata's at the coffee shop, I would rather not have them broadcast on the Internet.
Anyways, back to the massive coffee, I mean it comes in a bowl!!!
After coffee we buzzed back home, did laundry (god I love clean sheets) and I made another fantastic dinner. It all started with a mango-capsicum salsa,



Then a curried couscous with raisins, shredded carrot, chopped nuts and other lovely, tasty things.... Brought together with a delicious Mahi-Mahi steak and a DVD of "Whale Rider"
I was beyond glad to have one of my last weekends in Australia (I go home Nov. 15th) be so fantastic, but now its back to the daily grind of teaching in an all-girls catholic school, more on that later!


12 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you just found the fresh produce!

(actually i arranged for the market to move closer to your house in a desperate bid to make you stay...)

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i demand you cook for me.

by "demand" i clearly mean, "ask nicely."

and also maybe "beg."

Blogger Fella said...

do you just carry a camera with you everywhere, or what?

Blogger Megan said...

i need a "nap". or two.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

We need you back in the U.S. of A.

I'll grow you some damn tomatoes if you come back. Forget Loz and her empty promises.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

YUM!!!

You are seriously multi-talented.

I want to fondle your eggplant.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

loz- I don't wanna go

Miss Kendra- if you want to risk driving through simi valley, I would gladly cook for you

nick- seeing as you took a picture of a license plate, I think you know the joy of keeping a camera around.

sis- they were damn good naps.

uber- I will be arriving in a month, at which time I expect to be able to feel your hot tomatoes.

Tits- you can fondle my eggplant anytime but right now i need to cook with it

Blogger Loz said...

ha! if we're talking empty promises i think we all know ubie isn't going to grow any fresh produce for you. i'm surprised you haven't been lured 'home' by the promise of cupcakes already.
don't leave me here in the upside part of the globe by myself!!!

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

loz- I'm rather curious as to why I haven't recieved offers of cupcakes and I heart your upside down country.
It rules.

Blogger Megan said...

i'll name a muffin after you if you come back.

seriously.

i will.

Blogger yournamehere said...

Yeah, stay in Australia, move back to the States, whichever. The important issue here is this: YOU HAD A CLEAVAGE SHOT AND DIDN'T POST IT! Or at the very least, email it to me. What, your internet friends don't rate as high as a random group of layabouts in a coffee shop? For shame.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Todd, I don't have your email.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting