Sunday, April 17, 2005
My Cottage...
Today in the LA times was a huge colour magazine ad for Canadian tourism. All I could think about was my cottage. Hidden in a small town of about 500 people in northern Ontario i was our summer sanctuary from the city. I remember the strangest things from that cottage.. the stilts my father made us, the sauna (a traditional one built by the Finish couple that lived there before us). Eating corn on the cob, that could only be bought from a roadside stand at a farm. Reading... no devouring books and swimming...

I thought of that cottage especially today after running (who am I kidding walking with random acts of jogging within it) in front of my tivo.... so detached from nature.

Decided to go to the earth day festival in LA. Just made me feel bad because I eat meat... good vegan food though! Saw Ed Bagley Jr. and his car run on his own sense of self accomplishment (simpsons joke).
Saw a kid looking at my huge bag of kettle corn, was already sick if it and most was left, so I let him have it. Then I felt better about eating meat...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting