Sunday, October 30, 2005
So Late Night Posting IS a bad idea..
I know I said I would blog less, but the answer to my crazyness seems to be more cathartic posting then running away from it....



I should clarify a few things.

1) in January (alignment of the stars willing) I will be moving to Brisbane Australia. I will be getting my Masters in Teaching and will then return to Canada to teach. TFG is coming along for the ride. Well, it was actually his idea and then I looked into schools. TFG will come back to Canada in August for his sister's wedding and I will join him at the end of November, unless he doesn't fined a job in Canada, or gets a teaching job in Australia, then he will come back to Oz and we will stay until June-ish.

2) I ache for normality.

I went to 3 high schools.
I've moved 5 times in the past 9 years.
I haven't had a comfortable, reliable, happy home in 9 years.
I've had apartments in University and started little specks of life that were great, but never a constant happy home with all the pieces.
My current possessions are scattered all over North America.
Some were in Toronto but now in London Ontario, some are in Hamilton, and some are here in California.

Australia is going to be an amazing adventure that I haven't been able to look forward to yet because I've been so bogged down with these last 2 prerequisite courses that I have to finish before I leave.
I WANT to go and get my Masters, I just haven't had the right head space to enjoy the excitement, and that might be better because I'm not worried about any of the scary possibilities, the whole trip still seems so unreal.

I think it will be an amazing experience and a lot of fun, but at the same time I do kinda long for a time where I will be able to decorate a home, have a place with a key, where I can lounge in my pj's on a Sunday and not care what people (read: my parents) think. A place where I can leave a coffee mug out on the counter without offending anyone.
And I will have that in Oz. For a little while.

So I hope that clarifies things a little.

LittleMissProductive.

PS. Daylight savings can suck my figurative nutsack. Sundown before 6pm is no good for a person so easily depressed lately as me.


5 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Don't worry about longing for home. Once you go to Australia I seriously doubt you will ever want to leave. They dragged me out of there kicking and screaming, and I still consider it my second home. I'm insanely jealous and envious of what you're doing.
You are so cool.

Blogger Fella said...

Again with the nutsacks.

Blogger Jaded said...

I spent a large part of my adult life on the road... I did 5 national tours of Broadway musicals. I lived on a bus for months at a time, staying in hotels that might or might not have laundry facilities. If you have a toothache, you pick a dentist out of a phone book upon arrival to the latest town. The year I decided to "settle down" and get a "normal" job, I moved my shit 11 times in a year. Finally, at almost 40 damned years old, all my stuff is not only in the same state, but under one roof. The need for normalcy is NOT lost on me! It was crazy, and sometimes I miss it, but I don't regret a SECOND of it. There were times that it was frightening to take off on yet another tour, or move to another state for a show, but I am so glad I did it. I don't have any of those "what ifs" that some people might have.

So, I did what I wanted to do through my 20's and early 30's and combined it with helping kids from the age of 30 on. Best of both worlds for me. Now I teach voice, acting and music theory to primarily kids...puts it all together and makes me appreciate the proverbial suburban life all the more.

You will have an incredible adventure in Australia and then you'll "settle down" in whatever way seems right for you...and you will appreciate it all the more, with no regrets and no "what ifs."

Just my opinion.

Blogger Jaded said...

PS...

Daylight Saving Time sucks ass.

Blogger Loz said...

strewth?

sigh. australia is so misunderstood. i hate that.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting