Friday, March 17, 2006
Oh St. Patty...

As all of you get your celebration on, I am slowly waking from the fuzzy details of what the hell I did last night. These are the hangover ramblings so pardon their disjointed nature.

It all started off very innocently, went to class, bought a car, had some beer, drank a bottle of wine... then things got silly.

I realized yesterday that I do very little with the people from my program partly because they all suck and partly because they live on the other end of town. I decided to try and fix this by going drinking with them. I pre-drank at a girlfriends house and drank wine while she straightened my hair and now I'm addicted to flat ironing! She had 6 house guests on top of the usual 3 that live in her flat, so the place was packed with crazy backpackers and on in particular that I debated taking outside for a beating. She was 4 foot nothing with a drunken mistake of a tattoo on her exposed back (she thought it normal to run around town in bikini top, the slut) that looked like a cartoon dragon from some fluffy Disney movie. I went out to the patio and found her SITTING on TFG's lap with her naked back all over him. I guess I said something or growled or shot venom from my eyes because as soon as I walked in she jumped up off him so hard I thought she was going to smack her head on the roof..

we got to the bar around 7:30 waited in line only to find out that TFG's exposed toes would some how hurt the reputation of the bar and had to go home to change, so drinking didn't start until around 8:15. We met some fabulous girl in line from Ireland that kept cutting in between Gaelic and English which made the highly inauthentic bar seem a little less so. I don't care if you don't actually play the Cd's yourself but don't play frickin Lindsay Lohan on St. Patty's day.

The band started up and played those wacky one hit wonder songs from the 90's we all loved that were just terrible for dancing to (think "Breakfast at Tiffany's") but I still managed to work it a little on the dance floor with random Aussie boys and TFG.

I think we stole a platter of cheese and ate it like ravenous dogs.
I somehow managed to put temporary tattoos on my neck and arm that are green and say "Guinness" on them.

A man was hitting on me, trying to figure out if I was drunk enough to take me home and shag me but not so drunk that it would feel like he raped me, I don't know why but I grabbed a girl and said I was going home with her... didn't really turn him off though.

I'm pretty sure we left the bar around 11:30 and walked home, and I managed to take off most of my makeup before I passed out.
Since about 7:40 am I have been trying to slowly get motivated to, well... brush my hair. Instead I've been lazying around the flat in my bed sheet, watching Simpson's and hangover blogging.

TFG has gone for some fresh baked cinnamon rolls.
And a hangover smoothie..

So much for being all mature and responsible.


8 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

The last time I was in Australia, the band at the bar we lived in...err...hung out in...played Breakfast at Tiffany's every night. To this day I love that song for the memories it invokes...even though it's a suckass song.

Blogger Fella said...

GO TFG!

Blogger Sysm said...

You'll remember this evening forever. Especially having written it down.

Stupid nights out are one of the best things about being alive. Period.

I absolutely adore the redesign, by the way.

And I'll try to put the post about bellybutton astroturf out of my mind.

My word verification: firuby.

Love that.

Blogger Loz said...

that sounds infinitely better than my st pattys.... i babysat and fell asleep on the lounge at 9.
but at least i'm not hungover!
you know what'll fix that?? VEGEMITE!




actually the only known cure for a hangover is KFC.

Blogger FRITZ said...

Sounds like a fun if confusing evening.

My question: Why did TFG allow some skank slut to sit on his lap?

I hope he got cut off.

Hangovers blow, but it's the one pathetic way of keeping people from becoming alcoholics.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

brooke- what is it with the aussies and listening to songs on the radio that we haven't heard in 10 years? The top 40 is almost exactly the same, but every once and a while they whip out the Gin blossoms!

Nick- Are you just running around blogger and finding my comments so you can dis me?

sysm- glad you like the redesign, the night was great. belly AstroTurf? you mean my hairy stomach or that tattoo?

Loz- Vegemite was the last thing I wanted yesterday.

Fritz- I'm surprised you are the first to ask that. When I walked in and looked at TFG he was visibly uncomfortable with his arms way out by his sides. I warned him that the next female sitting on his lap had better be one I'd given birth to!

Blogger FRITZ said...

Dear Lil' Miss Knit:

Thank you for clearing that up. I feel much better now that I know you schooled him in your charismatic manner.

Silly, silly slut. Screwing around with Miss Knit. SHAME, I say!

Blogger Fumbling said...

That was an awesome read. I hear the best hangover cure next to gatorade is PediaLyte.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting