Sunday, September 03, 2006
You have GOT to be kidding

Channel Ten here in oz has filled my life with a fair amount of entertainment. They are also a haven for shows that tend to drive me nuts, you know, reality shows.
I don't find pleasure in Big Brother or "Yasmine is Getting Married" (apparently I'm not alone since it got cancelled) nor do I enjoy Australian Idol.
This little reality show takes the cake. All the narration is redone so that the Australian viewers will find it more appealing, either that or Sean Astin has a very convincing aussie accent.
When TFG and I saw the ads for it, we couldn't help but laugh! A television show dedicated to the day-to-day goings on of a meerkat family?!! who comes up with this stuff!?!
A week went by and TFG left and I got lonely and I will admit it, I watched the damn thing.
Since the little buggers don't talk and the narration makes their daily routine seem pretty damn exciting they were much, much, much more entertaining then Big Brother.
I might watch next week just to make sure they don't give the cute little meerkats a diary room.


6 Comments:

Blogger msmachine said...

At this time of year, I am programmed to look forward to the new season of television watching but this year I am not sure what to get excited about. My favourite show is no more (Arrested Development). The meerkats almost look good! Thank God for Rick Mercer.

Blogger FRITZ said...

I can't wait to watch more of that show...and one of these days, I'll go on a rant about prairie dogs. They're cute, they're environmentally important, and they're being hunted like nuts.

But why spell it 'meerKats'? Why not 'meercats'?

What's a cat got to do with those little buggers, anyway?

Blogger yournamehere said...

I personally don't like animals, with the exception of some dogs, but I wish them no harm.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I saw many furry little animals at the county fair today.

One of them had giant balls.

Blogger JBoombostick said...

It sucks bad. He coulda been Premier himself had he run. To most americans he was the face of Australia and will be missed

Blogger JBoombostick said...

I linked you xoxo

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting