Thursday, October 26, 2006
Well then...
Yesterday the country was all a flutter with talk of Australia's most influencial Muslim leader and his comments that women who go out "uncovered" are like uncovered meat, and you can't blame a cat for coming around and eating. He was refering to the "awful" sentence of 65 years for Muslim boys that gang raped a woman in Sydney.
I was somewhat hesitant to get outraged over this because all I could think of were the Pope's comments and the reaction that incited.
But then I read a transcript and there doesn't seem to be a way to get around the fact that he is blaming the women for the gang rape:

Satan sees women as half his soldiers. You're my messenger to achieve my needs. Satan tells women you're my weapon to bring down any stubborn man. There are men that I fail with. But you're the best of my weapons.

"The woman was behind Satan playing a role when she disobeyed God and went out all dolled up and unveiled and made of herself palatable food that rakes and perverts would race for. She was the reason behind this sin taking place.


Personally I think this whole thing is offensive to men and women. The last time I checked men are capable of rational thought and aren't incited into acts of violence because a woman flashed some ankle.

That's all for now, off to work.


4 Comments:

Blogger Tits McGee said...

This is the worst kind of hateful bullshit.

I was thinking about posting about this, too.

Maybe I'll just change my Blogger name to "Uncovered Meat."

Blogger Monkey said...

I feel sick when I read stuff like this. That someone with so much power spreads this kind of evil crap. Ugh.

Blogger Jaded said...

While I realize that not all Muslims think this way, nor are they all terrorists etc., it's only the whack jobs who get the publicity. He can say whatever he chooses, however, nobody should have printed it.

And people wonder why stereotypes exist.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Damn Straight Ladies!

Jaded- I agree with you and the Australian community has all gone against his words but aren't attributing it to "all muslims". The muslim community has spoken out against him but when he wasn't fired there was some backlash.
The media does have some responsibility over the power they have given him but like hell they would ever see it that way!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting