Sunday, June 05, 2005
Hippie Drum Circle
I have decided that you haven't lived until you have experienced a hippie drum circle. I have never seen more love or beauty than seen 60 people sitting in a circle with all kinds of drums, garbage cans and water cooler bottles. People of all ages, all races and all classes. Everyone dancing together, in their own way, no judgment, dancing with little babies, old people and young hippies. another 20 people sat on the side lines, just watching, not having the guts to join.

The music never stops, a player drops out and another one joins, as a dancer stops, they pick up a drum.. The sound constantly changes never uniform, as if everyone is playing side by side yet not together. Somehow the sound was still amazing, and the dancing was beautiful.

How many of us go to a bar but are afraid to dance (unless we are drunk) or will only dance when we are home alone and all the windows are closed? Well I suggest you find a drum circle, because I've never seen people so free.

So I'm off to find a drum circle.. And make myself free..


3 Comments:

Blogger GingerSnaps said...

kelly that is my favorite saying!!

I live very close to a reservation and I join drum circles all the time. it makes you feel so free...

one of my best friends passed away a couple years ago, he was native american, at his wake, they have an open casket with ongoing visitors for 48 hours straight. for ten hours the drummers played..I have never felt so moved by anything in my life. I will always remember him when I hear or participate in a drum circle.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Glad you enjoyed it. If I ever figure it out, I will get the pics off my cellphone to put them on the blog...

Blogger Jaded said...

I need to get my fat ass to a drum circle. Although, I'm not sure they actually have any of those in Jersey. Hmmm...gotta figure that one out.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting