Wednesday, June 01, 2005
My Brain Needs a Bath
I wrote this a week ago, didn't have the ovaries to publish it. I dare not call it poetry, just my ramblings. I wrote it after hearing an especially horrific story about one of my students, but it seems appropriate now...I'm currently freaking out since I've signed up to finish two distance studies computer science courses and I could apparently be moving to Australia.. with my boyfriend. I ran around the house this evening putting things in plastic sheet protectors...I'm just that kinda crazy... So sit back, relax and imagine yourself on lake, at dawn and enjoy!


I need to cleanse my brain
Of all the pain and hurt it has seen
It needs a bath,
A long warm bubbly bath
With beautiful music
And scented candles.
My brain needs to relax.

My brain has been telling me for weeks
to relax, slow down, enjoy,
Its been telling me with sly little hints..
A little bit of jaw pain from clenching my teeth
A furrowed brow that won't seem to go away
Heart burn as i'm trying to relax to sleep.
And so it starts.

Now my brain is yelling at me.
My forehead hurts furrowing
My jaw is in constant pain
And I fear my teeth will go dull
And the heartburn is starting first thing
When I wake up.
My brain won't stop yelling.

My brain needs a lack of noise.
Not just quiet but monumental quiet.
The kind of quiet that is only found in nature
In a quiet lake at dawn.

My brain needs to swim
In the eternal sunshine
Of all that is spotless.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting