Monday, July 18, 2005
Yes Bart and in "Rand McNally" people wear shoes on their hands and hamburgers eat people!
My boyfriend and I are running like rats looking for the pellet while trying to navigate the Australian Immigration system. We keep getting the pellet that's electrified.

We went through the maze and found out how to register my bf as a teacher (remember I'm going as a student so my visa status will be simple). He got his registration in order, and is now certified to teach in Brisbane. So he tries to apply for a job. He gets a whole pretty packet together, writes the 3 page letter of introduction the whole thing was just spiffy.

Then he gets an email.

They won't even let him apply unless he has a visa. Can't get a visa without a job.

So he calls them. They explain that they aren't in the practice of sponsoring Visa's for overseas employees. How they manage to get them to their fair state otherwise I don't understand.

So he calls the "High Commission" and they walk him through a list of Visa's he can apply for that could make him eligible to teach. very few actually apply for him.

So now what? apply to a different state and we do the long distance thing only in a different hemisphere?

I just want us to run away to Australia and not worry about all this money business.

I wish we could win the lottery and I could take him there with me, I could be his sugar momma.

AUGH

-LMK


6 Comments:

Blogger lightfeather said...

I intend to win the Publishers Clearing House. I will affirm the lottery for you!

Blogger author said...

I want to win the lottery too !
wil,l you share with me if you do?
I just need enough to be debt free. Say, 100.000 LOL

by the way I love the no wire hangers logo this week.
too cool !
I think I'll make a logo
of a boob.
just because I enjoy the shock factor.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

teheee rock it out sister friend. I think a gif (?) of the statue with the boob that Bush insisted on covering would be great, one second its covered, the next it isn't!

Blogger GingerSnaps said...

if i won the lottery, i would so help you, even though i dont know you...you will find a way(well probably not to win the lotto), but to what you need.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

My dear Miss Knit:

It was Ashcroft who spent thousands on the boob cover.

Remember, Ashcroft is still out there somewhere... lurking, lurking.

I think I'll dress as Ashcroft on Halloween, and Dilf can go as the statue he covered.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Bush, Ashcroft, who cares, they are all limbs on the maniacal beast that is the Republican party!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting