Monday, September 12, 2005
I learned something today...
As most of you know, I ended up in a bitch fest over the weekend involving some trolls on Nuclear's blog. It got ugly, and threats were made to me and Ubie personally.

It wasn't cool. And I started to think about blogging karma..


We are all guilty of spinning the proverbial wheel of fortune known as the almighty "next blog" button. I've found a lot of crazy stuff that way. Mainly, teenage blogs that use "gr8" and "ur" which just make me laugh. I have seen others that were highly political and interesting. I've also found ones that I found amusing because they were the exact opposite of my views. I've taken the opportunity to use my blog, to make fun of their blog. I think it is the blogging cycle though, we all come here and put our thoughts out there, and don't claim to be reporters, or fact checkers, just people with an internet connection and the will to write.

I can sympathize with a particular "Angry Republican Mom" after the attacks I received this weekend. She is currently being fed a shit storm of angry bloggers and quasi-print media because she was willing to go and protest for her beliefs. She has the right to do it, and so do I. Just like she has every right to print her beliefs on her blog, I have every right to voice my objection to them. Out of fear, she has pulled all her posts off her blog, and that is upsetting to me. We are all open for scrutiny but that shouldn't fear.
While I still don't agree with her (a lot) I may leave her alone, I think she is getting trashed for her views enough as it is..

Bottom line: one sided arguments/rants against someone are fun, but they don't get you very far. After a long day of fighting the good fight I like to go online and bitch about my views, and not have anyone bitch back at me..I think she feels the same way.


Little Miss Humble


7 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

I hate it. So I removed mine.

Also I like it when people get to my blog by hitting that wretched button and then can't move on to the next one becasue there is no button. Hilarious.

Blogger Loz said...

haha me too!
i got rid of mine because
1) it covered up some of my flowers and
b) because i only wanted people to visit if they meant to

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

problem with your theory loz is that they pushed the next blog button to get to your blog! They will get there wether your have that button or not!

Petunia, you are worth the worst trolls out there!

Blogger Fella said...

I like how she switched her numbering system.

1)

b)

Hilarious.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

haha didn't even notice...

I do that all the time...

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

so true...

Blogger Loz said...

dang LMK, why you gotta be so smarts for?
of course your logical is correct. i'm glad there are teachers like you in the world. i'm going to have some eggs now.

no really... i'm not trying to make some obscure joke. i'm having eggs for dinner.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting