Monday, September 26, 2005
Tell me why I don't like Mondays...
Every Monday morning Tori wakes me to that song. Gotta love the small traditions.

Maybe its because I didn't work today but I'm feeling very good about teaching... I promised to mention some of the things I love about teaching so here goes:

Brand new clickytop expo markers for the white board
Whiteboard erasers with handles.
Old hardcover novels, with the spine broken.
Reading a novel with students, watching their eyes light up as they discover interesting stories (alright most of them are sleeping, but one or two have that look!)
Making the kids laugh with random stories.
Hugs from my disabled students, they are so affectionate and genuine.
Getting to talk to other teachers. Learning from them.
Having kids approach me with their crappy-day issues.
Seeing the light in a disabled child's eyes when they get a perfect paper, they try so hard.
Having students pick up on random movie quotes and carry it, had a whole period with kids saying things like "We need to see those TPS reports!"

More blogging later, haircut soon.

___________________________UPDATED___________________

So I left for the haircut, with kick ass makeup. Orange, red and gold eyeshadow, making me feel like a rockstar


I guess my hairdresser took that to mean I wanted to look like a punk rocker..

a la Joan Jett
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I ended up with this kick ass haircut

It's almost shoulder length, with a sassy fringe and shorter layers on top so it can have some body and wont get that lovely middle school mushroom effect... LOVE IT!!


So between the haircut and the 2 request calls today for work, I'm feelin good!


Don't get a case of the Mondays!!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

you DO look like a rock star - but not tragic, like joan jett. i envy you for having straight hair that you can get a real hairstyle with! there's not much i can do with curls.
awesome hairstyle - and it looks like you're pretty crafty with eyeshadow too.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Sexy mama!

Blogger diadima said...

killer hair

watch out california

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting