Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Got to school today, thought it would be a good day.
Always loved going to the high school.

Today wasn't one of those days. It started of by finding out that in in attempt to cut costs, they had me double booked. All the substitutes that were on today were to take on other classes during their prep. I had to go back and forth clear across a campus that has buildings numbered A-Q.

The morning started off great, seniors AP Govt. Good kids, small class. They liked me, thought I was funny.
Then in the senior English class we read "Of Mice and Men". I loved that book in high school, and watching the kids learn about it, opening their eyes to it was great.

Then I had to haul ass across campus to teach choir.
My brother is in choir. A few students knew about our relation, but I didn't say anything. So the kids do a medley of Ray Charles songs, and they are great.

Then they sing a song from Sister Act II.
I believe these songs were put upon choirs by Kirby Shaw to torture parents.

When I was in choir we had to sing the same song. Our teacher thought it would be funny if we put on black robes and sang it in front of the whole school. During lunch.
Most horrifying experience ever.
And this choir sucked at the song.

While rehearsing, one student started randomly banging the piano keys. I glared at him and asked what he thought he was doing?!?! He acted like it was no big deal and we moved on.

Then he made his first mistake.
He turned to my brother and said "What a dumb bitch" while pointing to me.
My brother, is the baby, we've always gotten along. You don't fuck with his sister
And he let this guy know it.
Then my brother let me know about it.
I confronted the boy, explained that the next time he wants to trash a teacher he shouldn't do it to their siblings.

So the class ends and they all leave.
My brother goes to his next class, and the asshole is there, sitting at his desk
"Your sister is a real bitch" (What is this kid mildly retarded??!)
So my brother hits him.
Open palmed. across the face.

"I'm gonna get you for that one"(so now he is threatening a teacher's brother...I'm suspecting he was dropped at birth)

while the rest of the day went fine, it definitely put a damper on it.

And I have the joy of seeing this kid again tomorrow.

Little Miss Angry!!!


PS.....One day I will have to write about all the things I love about teaching, because there are many, they just haven't been around lately...


6 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

Can't you send him to the supervisor or to the office? I would think that using that sort of language in class, especially directed at you, would get him at least a detention.

Yet another reason I so do not miss teaching in a classroom.

Again, just another reason you are to be admired for your determination to be a teacher.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Maybe he wants to get hurt and/or in trouble.

I hope I hug my kids enough.

Blogger ginonymous said...

on the flip side of that coin, i think it's hilarious that he picked (of all people) your bother. i'm certain that had my bro and i been in your places, the same would have transpired.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

yea, today he stayed out of my hair, but he decided to tell his friends that I was the one that "got in his face"... I would love to see him try and get me in trouble, because my brother is the golden child of that class and the regular teacher would rip this boy a new one!

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Get him Knitty! Make his life a living hell!!!! From one teacher to another.

Blogger Lisa said...

What a tard! A certified meathead???

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting