Monday, September 19, 2005
Dogs
Depressing posts hang uncomfortably on my blog. I don't like seeing it, so I'm gonna try and move on.

My parents got to Hawaii okay, and are very happy with their beachfront four seasons room. My mother is going yoga by the ocean this morning!

With the parents gone, it's just me, my brother and the dogs. The dogs usually sleep with my parents, and they tried to sleep in that bed by themselves..

Didn't last. Eddie (our boy pound puppy) decided to be the little spoon, draping himself along my stomach, with me on my side. Sugar (our girl adopted dog, recently turned cat) prefers the back, and pushed her back up against mine as tight as she could.

I couldn't move all night, but it was kinda comforting. While I drink my coffee and watch morning news shows (why are they oh so bad!?!?) they have crawled back into my bed, skillfully pulling down the blankets and nesting. As I look over, Eddie is scratching in between his eyeballs with his hind leg. This is the same dog that runs into walls.

So that was my attempt at levity... enjoy!


5 Comments:

Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

Nice header on your blog. Have a good day.

Madie

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

our dogs are cocker spaniels, so not too big, but they shove themselves so close to you, they might as well be huge..

Banning the dogs from the bed is the kind of thing you have to do from the very beginning I think, I couldn't imagine trying that now, the howling would be insane!

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I want a spaniel. I also like cats. But then I think of the upkeep and mess, and decide I just like petting dogs and cats. And hearing about them.

But not the scratching, chewing, pooping, water sloshing, food bowls that attract ants-having, flea-catching, skunk-annoying animals they are.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I'm not going to try and convince you that a dog won't do that to your house because our dogs are like night and day.. Sugar just started walking into our house every day after school so we adopted her. She never chewed anything or actively destroyed anything in the house. She did piss everywhere for the first few months though, and that was a downer.

Eddie chewed EVERYTHING. seatbelts were his favorite, and most expensive to replace. but table legs, blankets, stuffed animals, you name it, he chewed it. nervous little bugger.

I don't blame ya for not wanting a dog.. but eventually the ubergirls will wear you down!

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I do love dogs. And cats. I've just gotten fastidious and lazy.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting