Monday, October 31, 2005
Knit a Tit

So I realized that I'm called the Knitty Kitty, the Little Miss knit, and I never talk about knitting. Well here ya go...


One particular knitter in Toronto was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have one of her breasts removed. She was getting ready for a party and decided she would get a prosthesis. These can sell anywhere from 200-400 dollars. She found the one she had bought to be uncomfortable, hot and like wearing a piece of raw meat against her skin. So in her fury (and fear of showing up at the party lopsided) she created the titbit. A knit prothesis breast. She has made the pattern readily available for free to knitters across the land and sells them here
There are everyday tits, fancy tits, and floosie tits...

There are a few yarn stores in toronto with walls of tits...

Fantastic...


6 Comments:

Blogger Immodesty Blaze said...

But surely slightly itchy? Or maybe it has microfibre fleece on the side I can't see. I like knitting stuff for people, my mum has always complained about being flat chested so maybe this is the xmas present for this year ;o)

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I bet they're warm, too.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I would consider slapping on a couple of those puppies in a good canadian winter, I'd be stacked and warm!

It is made from cottons and non-itchy type yarns, but it is all yarn...

Blogger Fella said...

i need some of these for, uh, strategic... boob, uh, purposes.

Blogger Maddie said...

Thank you for the excellent knitting information! I will be adding this to my Christmas To Knit list.

Nick, Strategic purposes? They are awfully sexy.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

You can get the pattern from knitty.com if you want to do it!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting