Monday, December 26, 2005
Christmas Roundup
A roundup on a Monday!?! and a FFFF to make up for my lack of on Friday... how gauche of me.


1) Christmas Gifts Galore
Christmas was fun times, on Christmas eve we ran around in shorts and had a water fight because it was 85 degrees out. Christmas day it cooled down to a more seasonal temperature, but no snow.
The gift giving was very nice, with few surprises for me unfortunately.
One nice surprise was a beautiful silver ring with a Buddhist prayer on it that spins.
And of course a lavish jar of face cream from "lush" that TFG got me.
My favorite new sweater is a cropped brown knit number that my mum picked up for me. The buttons are a little left of center, just like me.
2) Family Bonding
Yesterday was the last day my entire family will be together for a very long time.
I thought I was the only one that noticed until my mum broke down crying, I think the excitement of it all is wearing off and just turning into a scary reality for her.
My daddy was in this fantastic bonding mood, and was full of Christmas hugs and much less judgment then usual.

3) Packing...
Hasn't started. I leave on the 16th, and I'm thinking I just want to throw massive amounts of make up, books, and underwear and figure everything else when I get there.
The is that when I leave here, I'm never coming back here to live so my mum expects me to pack up everything I'm not taking into boxes.
Its completely understandable of her, and the best thing I could do, but I just don't do packing very well.
I prefer the more "throw-crap-into-a-bag-and-go" kinda person and that won't fly this time.

4) Travel Blogging
I have NO CLUE what will happen when I get to Oz about blogging, but I do hope to stick with it and stay in touch with everyone.
TFG and I are playing with a bunch of ideas and we will probably start a co-blog with pictures and such of our travels that we will open up to all our real life friends and family.. We will definitely let everyone know where that will be...
If the co-blog doesn't happen, then mailings lists certainly will, and you will all be invited to join it to keep you updated on our travels, if you are so inclined..


5) FFFF
My freak flag of the day is hair removal... I'm Italian so i seem to be spending way too much time in the process of hair removal from some part of my body. With TFG not around I can go several weeks being too lazy to shave my legs though, and when I do its usually after I get out of the shower with no shave cream.
And yet I own 4 bottles of it.
I'm a freak, what can I say!

Happy Boxing Day everyone, and if you live in Canada, do yourself a favor and don't leave your house!


4 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Ha! Wait until you get older and hair starts growing in the weirdest places.

Damn.

Blogger Megan said...

yeah, i shaved last night for the first time in just a week (soldier boy is out of town), and totally ruined a new blade. i'm not italian, i think i'm part yeti.
:)

about your other blog, make sure you don't just announce its url here on this one if you have any concerns about people IRL finding this. tell people to ask for it by email or something, that way you can be sure it just gets to the people you want. otherwise some asshole (like the one who could call Ubie a cunt) will blow your anonymity just for fun.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

You better believe I want to be on the mailing list, blogging list, or whatever list during your adventure! I can't wait to live vicariously through you - oh I miss it there so.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

ubie, i get random long thick hairs on my neck that I call granny hairs..

That and ones around my nipples.

No good!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting