Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Before I left California I was following the case of a young woman in Orange County who was drugged and raped at a party. If discussion of this (there is nothing graphic in the links concerning the act) is not something you can handle, I understand. For those readers there is a great video link in the next post down. I will be back to my regular bland inoffensive nature soon, sorry for the break into seriousness.
-Knitty


A few weeks back there was a discussion on Sysm concerning the treatment of victims in rape cases.
In my discussions with some people I found that I didn't even know the extent of hell a victim can be put through in trying to prosecute their attackers.
A teenage girl in Orange Country was drugged and then gang raped on video tape by 3 boys, and it took two trials in order to get them convicted, and even then only for 6 years. To get a full grasp of what a victim is up against,
read her statement to the court
Of course not all accused rapists have the income to send private investigators to ruin the accusers life, but these boys did and they (through their lawyers) did just that.
The blogger, "Pinko Feminist Hellcat" has a large database of blog posts, recounting the several year ordeal this girl has been subjected to, and is a part of a network of bloggers trying to sent support to this 19 year old girl. For information on where to send an email of support click here


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting