Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Monkey Memories

Nick introduced me to Monkey somewhere around the fall of last year. He showed me one of her movies and I was hooked. I slowly began reading the Monkey blog, but I didn’t have the guts to post a comment. I dragged my brother in my room to listen to Monkey’s rendition of “Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves” and being the wild creative boy that he is, had to explore Monkey’s whole movie collection as well. A few weeks of reading the blog and the warm, supportive, funny comments that it inspired, and I grew the nerve to write a comment. Monkey received me with kindness and began visiting my blog as well, an event that got me jumping up and down good times. Monkey and I began commenting on each others blogs on a few occasions but I never thought I was a blip on the radar, just some blogger that he was kind of nice to.

Then my birthday came, and I asked for 100 comments as my present. I got a most fantastic one from Monkey that made me feel really special, my very own Monkey movie and a post on her blog in ode to me. Everyone I knew had to hear the movie (the laptop in the kitchen was key in that) and probably wondered who the hell this person was sending me happy birthday wishes. It seems odd to people (especially those who don’t blog) to see someone being that nice to a person they have never met.

Monkey is just that kind of blogger, he has a warm and beautiful spirit and wants to make everyone feel special. I miss him tons and hope to see him back in all him wildly creative, funny and warm fantasticness.

Feel like joining in on the monkey memory fun? Feel free to talk about our furry friend in the comments or write you own post! Head on over to Jiggs Blog to see who else has written a monkey memory and if you like, add yours to the list!


9 Comments:

Blogger FRITZ said...

It seems you and Spinning Girl had the same idea...missives for Monkey. Monkey, though a celebrity, always had a kind word for the plebian blogger. Monkey was funny, and insightful, and wonderful. I miss Monkey tons.

I miss Monkey so much, I feel a bit like crying.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Today is International Monkey Memories Day.
Feel free to join in everyone!
This was the brainchild of Jiggs.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Yay for Monkey! I put something up, too.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

You are sooooooo lucky that you had a birthday when you knew him!!! Mine was in September - before we met. Dammit! Oh the memories.

Blogger Monkey said...

Oh my! I am so touched, and overwhelmed, I don't know what to say. You are an amazing woman. I have been a bad, bad monkey for going deep undercover and not telling anyone.

I will be back one day soon.

Love,
Monkey

Blogger Megan said...

he's alive!!!!

Monkey, you have not been bad. We understand that in matters of national security sometimes one must go undercover to eliminate the risk of banana terrorists. You're doing a fine job, and somebody has to do it.

I'm looking forward to your return.

Blogger jiggs said...

you are lucky that you had a birthday while knowing monkey! But if monkey comes back, maybe we all will!

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I was very lucky to get a monkey movie to call my own..

there as squealing to be had when I saw you furry butt amongst my comments!! YAY MONKEY!!

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

The sound of Monkey's little voice saying " ... knittttty kitttty" is burned forever on my brain.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting