Thursday, June 01, 2006
I got nothin

I'm tired.
I'm spent the week having to listen to people singing and dancing about jesus much to my discomfort. I think religion is a private thing between you and whatever god you choose to believe in. I don't think that religious groups should be allowed to come in and waste teaching time so that an evangelical group can come in and sing and dance about Jesus loving them. Thats what the catholic and other religious education systems are for.

Practice teaching is fantastic but I'm learning all about how different departments go to war to get "bums in the seat" and keep their funding up. 2 such departments are the ones TFG and I work in and the Heads of Department are using our relationship to get dirt on each other.

Not cool.

I'm going to go pour myself a drink.


11 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

That's why it's never a good idea to dip you pen in the company ink.

Except the other way around since you don't have a penis, as far as I know.

Blogger Jaded said...

Religion has no place in public schools, period. They can be on fire for Jesus as much as they want, just not in school, dammit.

Blogger Fella said...

What about religious schools?

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Amen, Knitty.

Now I'm off to go put on my Jesus shoes, do a big Jesus dance, and hand out Jesus chocolates to everyone I meet, while singing about Jesus.

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Okay, now I need a drink, too.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

nick- it would be completely fine if we weren't in departments that were getting ready to draw the lines in the sand.
What about religious schools? If you let everyone know before they sign up for your school that religious education will be a part of the curriculum and that celebrations of Jesus will be held then parents can make the decision to either send their kids to that school or not.
Public school are meant to be accessible to all, and in order to do that they have to be non-denominational.

jaded and tits- damn straight

Blogger yournamehere said...

Knitty, I just noticed something: On your profile pic, the Nike "swoosh" is stamped in your hair. Did Nike pay you for that? I'll bet you're making a fortune. I'm not making a dime selling ads on my blog.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Todd, what if I put "Viva las vegass" in my hair?
or maybe "Todd's bitch"?

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I've come back and read this post many times because it pisses me off.

RELIGION SHOULD ONLY BE TAUGHT AT RELIGIOUS SCHOOL!!!!

How fucking obvious is that? Because... what religion are you teaching? You can't teach all of them. So you can't teach any of them. End of story.

Blogger yournamehere said...

I don't have Nike money, but if you insist...

My blog won't be named viva las vegass much longer, but "Todd's Bitch" is everlasting. I'd go with "Todd's Bitch".

Blogger Fella said...

I'm sure there are some other things that Todd would like to leave in your hair.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

You are so fucking gross, Nick.

Which is hot.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting