Friday, May 26, 2006
In The Future...

As TFG and I were pulling out of the driveway of our building, right as we got into the oncoming traffic lane but before we got into our lane, the car just stopped working (didn't actually stall). A car was coming towards us and showed no signs of slowing down. TFG decided that instead of slamming on the horn, he would do the next sensible thing and bang on his window. I decided that the most sensible thing would be to rock my entire body weight like I was on a swing to attempt to move the car (an attempt that was reinforced by the car magically returning to life when I did it). After we got out of oncoming traffic we pulled over for a momentary "stomach-from-throat-ectomy" and then commenced our drive to school.

TFG and I agreed that should that happen in the future either he or I would actually honk the horn but we would both try the rocking thingy again.


5 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

That story made me laugh in that special way that ends in me snorting. Word to the wise: Queenslanders typically can't drive for shit so don't count on them realising that you've stopped moving.

You rock.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

You have not been having much luck with transportation methods of late. One of these days I'll tell you about my driving experiences in Australia - they were fairly frightening as well.

As Loz said so well, you rock. Literally. You rock.

Blogger Fella said...

It's good to know that TFG is a man of action.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

If that car's a-rockin' TGF's done a-knockin'

Blogger yournamehere said...

I once had a car that stalled whenever I had the air conditioner on and turned a corner. Very inconvenient. Not a summer car.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting