Thursday, May 18, 2006
Friends listen to endless love in the dark
Well, coffee turned into a drink.
A drink turned into another drink at a different bar.
A drink at another bar turned into two bottles of wine back at my friends apartment.
Two bottles of wine turned into countless drinks at a karaoke bar.

Crazy things go down in karaoke bars, the terrible singing makes everyone equal, unless of course you think you are really good. What my friend and I didn't know was that the Australian Idol auditions are going on this weekend (2 blocks from my house, go earplugs) and many people in the bar were rehearsing. One particular idol hopeful took a fancy to us (lets call him Hugh'), and we ended up spending the evening with him and his two friends (who happened to be twins, thank goodness they weren't dressed alike).
these boys were not particularly attractive, but when a perv was following my to the bathroom all by myself they were right on it. That's pretty damn hot in my book.

Hugh took a real liking to my friend, and started telling her about his plans. This Saturday will be his fourth attempt at idol, he is 28 and lives with his parents. Say it with me people: "sexy".

You know what else screams sexy? His white-khaki/sweater/button down shirt combo.
That and the fact that he ate an apple and a granola bar while there.

The dark glow of those terrible karaoke videos, the sound of that awful girl singing "Endless love" for the third time, and the copious amount of alcohol made Hugh attractive, and my friend gave him her number.

We woke the next morning at her place, sans dental floss.



14 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

I like karaoke, as long as it's not televised and called American Idol.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

This is why I spend Saturday nights chatting online with you about sex toys instead of going out to the bars.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

todd- It was my second experience at a karaoke bar and my friend signed me up to sing "Like a Prayer" without my knowledge. I was shoved on stage, hilarity ensued.

Brooke- i didn't know it was your saturday night at the time, or I would have been more graphic! Good news by the way! I've finally been placed in TFG's school, and I start monday!

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Sans dental floss, but avec panties, right? RIGHT?

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I was a knob and forgot panties.
Had to do the smelly walk of shame home.

Blogger Fella said...

I'm 27 and I live with my parents. You've bolstered my self-esteem once again.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

nick: do you dress like you are going to a polo match when you go to the bar?

do you bring fruit?
do you audition for idol?

you know I think you are the bees knees

Blogger Fella said...

1950 called and they want their lingo back.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

oh yea well... the Meanies called, and they miss you, they want to know when you will start attending club meetings again.
so there.

Blogger Fella said...

Man, those guys are all jerks.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I think you're all the cat's pajamas.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I love you for saying "knob," Knitty.

Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly, listening to Endless Love one time would make my head explode.

Blogger Fella said...

your head asplode.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting