Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Shoes.
Since I don't even have a school to go to and I'm in my third day off with nothing to do, I decided I should try to get some new shoes.

I hate shoe shopping. I hate that I'm 5'5' with size 9 feet.

In California I was able to get away with fashionable Clark's sandals, with a little lift and lots of comfort. In Australia, they have deemed toes to be frightening and immoral and my toes are never to be seen by the students.

I started to wonder how I would get around this without wearing heels. Then fashion came to the rescue with "the ballerina flat"
That's right, it's not just for little girls prancing around the house, its for career women (do I get to call myself that?)! The shoes has embroidery and jewels and all kinds of pretty things.

But then I remembered about how short I am and how huge my feet are and this image came to mind:
As much as I want to run around looking like the hippo from "Fantasia" (and believe me, dancing with the alligator makes it more enticing) I am not too keen on on students noticing my mammoth feet accentuated in the slippers.


So I'm running out of options.

If I had my way I would teach in jeans, or Thai pants (in case of impromptu yoga).
and on my feet I would have cozy knit slippers

But that's not the way it works, on top of being around teenagers all day, I also have to be uncomfortable.
I figure so long as I show up to work not looking like I'm trying to get picked up at a bar (classy or skanky), who cares what I'm wearing?!?!


11 Comments:

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I am 5'5.5" with crazy sexy size 9 feet, my dear. I say give yourself a lovely pedicure, buy those cute ballerina flats, and wear them proudly.

Blogger Maddie said...

I wear between a 9 and 10...I know exactly what you're talking about. Those cute, pointy, fashionable shoes with a little baby heel make me look like I have oars on my feet.

Blogger Unknown said...

Doc Martins.

Blogger msmachine said...

Have you considered some Chinese Mary Janes? I love them because they are comfortable and come in all colours.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I want some Chinese Mary Janes.

Blogger Fella said...

Your new nickname is Bigfoot.

Blogger FRITZ said...

I love the hippos.
You don't look like one, though, and nor would the slippers induce that image, either.

Buy the flats and knit yourself the other slippers.

Don't go changin' to try and please Oz.

Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

I have size 10 feet. I would kill for size 9s.

Do they have Naturilizers there? Or Aerosoles?
Personally, I have a high arch and find that flats are just as uncomfortable as super high heels. Can you go for a small-med heel? Lots of times shoes with a platform heel are less painful since the incline is slighter, but the heel is still high.

Just a thought...

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Nick, do you want people to dish out nicknames based on physical characteristics? I don't think you do.

So shut it.

Blogger Fella said...

What are they going to call me? Fatso McChunkybutt? There's no names that you can call me that I haven't been called before.

Allow me to return volley: YOU shut it.

Blogger Unknown said...

Blog is very touching......My daughter studying first standard....three months ago i bought a shoe for her fromTimberland shoes.....she loves the shoe very much...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting