Thursday, May 31, 2007
Jobs
I am starting to think that I am too eager to please, especially when it comes to work. My father instilled a very strong work ethic in me at a young age and by example taught me that working late nights for no overtime just so that you can stand out as a model employee is worth it. To his credit, this mentality has served him well (as an employee, debatable as a father). The other reason I think I am too eager to please in the workplace is that I have been hired for most of my jobs based on connections through family. I feel added pressure because it is not only my reputation but my family or friends reputation on the line as well.

So as I get ready to start my job tomorrow, working for the same ESL school as TFG, I am freaked. While there is the initial pressure of starting a new job, there is the added pressure that every time I speak with my new boss the responsibilities keep growing. I will be the "Supervising Coordinator" for a teen summer program of international students here in the city to learn English. I was told that all of the afternoon activities were booked and I would be confirming booking. Now it seems that not only are there no bookings, it will also be my responsibility to determine what "good activities" will be.

Shoot me now.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Naynayfazz said...

I haven't been to your neck o' the woods lately. I missed a lot. Congrats on your new job. Ah, you'll be fine. New jobs stink but once you are used to it, no prob. Good luck.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I think this would be a "good activity."

(Really, it's a wonder that I am entrusted with the minds of so many young people.)

Blogger Ubermilf said...

You can't let anyone or anything bleed you dry; you'll be no good to anyone.

remember, pause to sharpen the axe and you'll cut more wood.

Or something.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting