Thursday, April 26, 2007
The Power of a Few Words
Tomorrow is my last day of my internship. I have come to very fond of many of my students and I feel at home there. I am genuinely going to miss it.
Still I am very seriously considering skipping my last day.
There was a threat. One of our students, one of the weird ones that you sorta think might actually do it, threatened to "steal our souls" and "spill our blood".
He has been removed and is under his parents watchful eye.
The plan was threatened for Friday.
Most of our students won't be coming to class.
The teachers are debating it.
We have been asked to "patrol the halls" during our planning period. That is the school's idea of "added security measures".
Don't misunderstand me, I would take a bullet for my students but it would be nice if the school didn't ask me to actively seek it.

I just wanted to teach.

Labels: ,



8 Comments:

Blogger msmachine said...

I am sorry that that will be your last day. I hope you are able to see some of those great kids and that your work and their learning environment becomes a safe one.

Blogger yournamehere said...

That's the most fucked up thing I've ever heard.

Blogger Sysm said...

Miss Knit,

I'm sorry I didn't comment.

Are you okay?

Blogger knitty kitty said...

not to worry, I lived to tell.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Jesus, that's horrible, sweetheart. I'm so sorry, and so glad to hear you're okay.

Blogger Fella said...

Wouldn't it be great to live in a world where our children could attend school without being afraid.

Our country is already in desperate need of teachers and they're going to be harder and harder to come because of shit like this. It's infuriating.

Blogger Monkey said...

Wow. Mental Health intervention now.

Glad you are OK and that all is well.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I'm sorry I didn't comment before. It's so sad that this is becoming a part of the profession. At my school we have a kid who has threatened to come back and shoot everyone with a gun "that nobody knows about but him".

He's in second grade.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting