Sunday, July 03, 2005
It's coming down UPDATED
First of all let me say thanks to all of you that got into the debate in my last post. I love a good discussion, it's the biggest thing I miss from my University classes.

So much has happened over the weekend, quite frightening actually.

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra.... WHY??!!?!!?!?

I am scared. There is now a real and present danger to women in the states getting access to legal, safe abortions. I fear for their lives.

Do the conservatives not understand that? That a woman with no other choice will try it herself and probably kill herself in the process? Why isn't that part of their pro-life protest?

Sandra Day O'Connor was our last strong hold. Were all screwed...


My Banner used to read "A Feminist Living in a Pre-Gilead Age" I might have to cut out the "pre" part.

Those of you not familiar with The Handmaid's Tale read here

Then buy the book and educate yourself. Margaret Atwood wrote the book to mirror the Taliban rule in Afghanistan, to show how it would look were it to happen in America.



I think the major problem with abortion is that those who are pro-choice are not vocal enough about it. Hate is vogue, and those that go against it are bashed.

Try going against it.

Wear a pin, a patch on your backpack, a bumper sticker (even just the magnet kind!)

Be vocal.


Rise up.


Thanks Man in Georgia..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Updated Just For Fun


IF MEN GOT PREGNANT...

Maternity leave would last for two years...with full pay.
There'd be a cure for stretch marks
Natural childbirth would become obsolete
Morning sickness would rank as the nation's number one health problem
All methods of birth control would be improved 100 percent effectiveness
Children would be kept in the hospital until they were toilet trained
Men would be EAGER to talk about commitment
They wouldn't think twins were quite so cute
Fathers would demand thaqt their SONS be home from dates by 10:00pm
Men could use THEIR briefcases as diaper bags
They'd have to stop saying,"I'm afraid I'll drop him."
Paternity suits would be a line of clothes
They'd stay in bed for the entire nine months
Menus at most restaurants would list ice cream and pickles as an entree
Women would rule the world!


10 Comments:

Blogger lightfeather said...

I'm hearing ya Ms. Knit!

Blogger GingerSnaps said...

wow. i am torn about this issue and always have been. i think that "stupid people shouldnt breed", but, i dont know. my mother told me about partial-birth abortions a long time ago, and even now when i think about it i feel like im going to faint. im upset now, i better not write anymore tonight

Blogger GingerSnaps said...

p.s. did i read somewhere that you just read davinci code? i have read it and would really like to hash through it with someone other than the people i see everyday..if your interested let me know.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

pretty scary.. I remember at my private school a girl was kicked out for getting pregnant, the "father" in this situation was allowed to continue without any punishment!

-LMK

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

And don't forget, they would get their periods too! Oh how much fun it would be to torment them with "that time of the month" comments.

Blogger still_figuring_out said...

*lol*

how true...the scenarios if men get pregnant

Blogger Jaded said...

I have been slammed for my views on abortion by many people who consider themselves Christians.

I am a Christian. For me, abortion is murder. Period. So, I won't have one. BUT...it's not up to me to decide what's right for anyone else. Not everyone shares my religious beliefs, so I don't think that my beliefs should be forced on them.

So, I am both pro-life AND pro-choice. I think that abortion is wrong...for me. Each woman should be able to make that decision for herself, without anyone forcing their religious beliefs down their throats. Just my opinion.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I can respect your opinion, no one is forcing people to get abortions and if they weren't legal people would find other ways. Some times I think pro-lifer's forget that.

If you don't want an abortion, don't get one...

Thanks reminding us that pro-lifers come from all ideologies!

-LMK

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Who really "likes" abortion? Nobody buys a pregnancy test at the drugstore, pees on the stick and says, "Whoopee! I'm pregnant! Now I can have that abortion I've always wanted!"

Abortion is here and always will be here until we address the underlying issues surrounding it. Poverty, drug use, rape and incest, improper sex education, lack of access to birth control or other health services -- all of these things and more are contributing factors. People would rather ignore these problems because they're tougher to solve.

If people really wanted an end to abortion, they would tirelessly work to eliminate the root causes. Making it illegal will just make it more dangerous for the women without really addressing the problems our country is really facing.

Blogger christa said...

I read something similar regarding the menstrual cycle - how the world would be different if men had a period. I can't remember the specifics, but it was very dramatic and went something like:

To be honorable and worthy, one must bleed monthly.

To bleed is to understand the essence of life, without it, one cannot understand the world and its inhabitants.

At the time, I was an impressionable high school student and it made me seriously think about the question of gender inequality in America and its legal system. Thanks for the post.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting