Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Fire!!!
Remember how I said we didn't really get fall in california?
I lied.

Our leaves turn a light golden red, just beautiful, right before they turn charred black because they CAUGHT ON FIRE!!!!

I'm teaching today in a middle school and fires are starting to literally circle around the city. And I'm supposed to get out not only to get home, but to leave tomorrow for the airport.... Not fun.

I wasn't here 2 years ago when the huge fires came, inches of charred randomness all over everything. My parents calling me asking what items from my childhood they should save if they need to cut and run. The fires were under a mile away from our house that time.

Last year I was driving down a highway in LA and there was a sign "Off ramp closed due to fire" and wouldn't ya believe? There was a fire, right around the corner.

So I was driving home from work and I look in my rearview mirror and there are these HUGE clouds of smoke.

So I lived in the north, there was sleet and snow and general cold stuff.
Move to the south, there are hurricanes and tornados.
More to the west and there are fires and earthquakes...
There is no escaping nature.... grrrrrr

Here are some pictures from the last big one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


3 Comments:

Blogger GingerSnaps said...

wow, those are scary, i was wayching that nick and jessicas house might burn down..boohoo for then. keep safe miss knit.

Blogger Ang said...

Very kewl pics!! Even if it is due to a fire.

And hope you don't mind, but used this post of yours to highlight you over at blogsbywomen.blogspot.com

Blogger amberdusk said...

How scary and exciting!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting