Friday, December 02, 2005
Let your Freak Flag Fly Friday
Yea its that time again.

For a blog roundup!!!!

1) Assignments.

Well I wrote a beautiful 30 page systems analysis. The exams are booked (the 14th and the 20th) and its just gonna be gravy from there. I'm putting off the other paper until after the exams, since its worth 20% and the exam is worth 55% (what kinda bullshit is that eh?)

2) Aussie Excitement.
I've been put on some mailing list, and all the other students are emailing each other about how excited they are about going, and about how great it is that we all decided to do something different. I'm starting to come around to their way of thinking, since its better then my "I was to stupid to get into a Canadian school" way of thinking. I still can't look at my countdown (on the left side of my blog) without wanting to throw up.

3) The interview
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who read and commented about the interview, I was really surprised by the response. Pleasantly surprised.

4) Bias in the media
Nick, Anthony and I were discussing the idea of "left-wing reporting" from CNN. I mentioned their coverage of the recent no-confidence vote in Canada as not so left-wing and my more politically/media savvy better half did a great dissection of their coverage, Check it out


5) Sad Saturday
It came to my attention a few weeks ago that a lot of you don't know I have 2 brothers. Well I do, one is 17 and one is 20. My 20 year old brother is at school in Canada and this Saturday he is going to a funeral for an acquaintance (and very good friend of his best friend). This young man (20-22) was shot outside a club in Montreal. I can't begin to imagine what they are all going through. This senseless death has affected many of my friends and family in Toronto and as some of them read my blog, I want them to know my thoughts are with them.

6) Let your Freak Flag Fly Friday

In an attempt to make myself seem more normal by comparison to all of you people, and to start a Friday tradition with the most F's possible I am starting "Let your Freak Flag Fly".
I first heard this phrase on Weeds, and fell in love with it. Your freak flag admission doesn't need to be some huge deep dark secret about yourself, just a couple sentences on a quirky little thing that you do.

My freak flag of the week: I cannot get into a bed unless it is made, with all the sheets and blankets evenly on the bed. It doesn't matter if I never made the bed all day (which happens consistently), so long as it is made right before I get in.


5 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I will join you in the FFFF from here on in. And you should know that in my long ago post about my anal retentiveness getting out of control, I wrote that I cannot get into an unmade bed. I love you Knitty!!!

Blogger yournamehere said...

When I'm at home crying myself to sleep, I have to listen to the music of Glenn Campbell.

Blogger Jaded said...

Here's some craziness for you, even if I'm a little late...

My daughter's sippy cups. The hub puts which ever top he picks up first on the cup, whether it matches or not. I can't stand that. It came with a matching top for a reason, and how hard is it to put the pink top on the pink cup, when it clearly looks stupid with the green one. I know, it's completely crazy and petty, but I hate when it doesn't match. (I'm the same way about clothing)

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I hate Thomas Kinkade.

I hate him so much! ARRRGH!

Blogger FRITZ said...

I can't LEAVE the house without the bed being made.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting