Sunday, November 20, 2005
I'm thinking I need to go on an IV coffee drip.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I spent the day at my dad's office. Completely disconnected from the internet, and I still managed to find ways to avoid work. Damn you spider solitaire!!!

I keep wondering what the hell happened? In my freshman year of university it was normal to be up until 3 am doing school work and then drag your ass to class the next morning to hand in your work of genius.
It was normal to go to the vending machine in the middle of the night and be convinced by some nutrition student that the peanut m&m's are better than the plain because of the peanut protein. I miss that rush. I need that rush, that sense that you need to dive into back to back massive essays in two weeks, or one week, or two days.
It's the shared experience that makes it possible, makes the endurance test feel normal.

I think its living at home that has killed my rush. This crazy semblance of order and "bed times" and watchful parental eyes that has made my nocturnal ways suddenly seem strange.

Don't get me wrong, my parents could careless what time I go to bed, nor would they say anything. Instead I get questions.
"So how many assignments do you have left?"
"When are you going to book your exam?"
"you have to write HOW many pages?"


It doesn't help. don't ask.

Every once and a while, this wave of calm washes over me like a warm bath and I realize how hard this isn't. These waves never seem to occur right before bed, I take hours to fall asleep and wake up with the blankets twisted at the foot of the bed. My legs are tired all the time, I feel like I run a marathon in my sleep.

But this weekend wasn't a complete waste, and only one day of work next week will give me a new few consistent days to get my assignments done.

So sorry if I'm not too exciting, but I'm feeling a little 'whelmed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting