Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Uncomfy shoes = mean teacher.
***Disclaimer: I am PISSED OFF.. I had a crappy day and I want to vent, so my post will be filled with generalities and angriness..deal with it ***

I think that high heeled shoes were put upon the earth to bring women down. The idea of joining the business work force is foiled by my hatred of high heeled shoes, that and my hatred of cubicles.

I thought that since I am almost 23 I should magically want to wear them. Like everything I ever felt about my large feet and the idea of squeezing them into heels would be negated by my age.
Yea... not so much.
I found that I was a pretty crappy teacher today, to some really awful kids, because I was pissed that my feet hurt.

I never understood high heeled shoes. You are lying! Everyone knows you aren't that tall! who are you kidding?!?!
and this whole concept of "Breaking in a new pair of shoes" is bullshit. I don't suffer for fashion.

Shoe shopping is like Russian Roulette. You try the shoes on, do your little strut down the aisle, and decide just how comfy that pair is, or pray will be, once you "break them in"

So you take the shoes home, and you find out the truth.
The shoes are put to the test, when you walk a concrete art room floor for a day, trying to be patient with whinny little middle school brats.

My high heels failed.

I may be turning 23.. but slight platforms and boots will be the extent of my heels.
No matter how hot my ass looks in those slightly spikey numbers.


Little Miss Pissy


7 Comments:

Blogger Calzone said...

great post...are you doing more shoe posts tomorrow?

Blogger msmachine said...

Thank you. I haven't worn shoes like that in a long time and I recently started thinking I should get some and be an adult (too much "What not to wear" is probably to blame here) but your post has reminded me that those days are totally over for me. I wear ugly shoes and I can keep up with any school kid!

Blogger Monkey said...

Hot ass in spikey heels! Yes... they aren't worth it. I've only found one brand of high heeled shoes that feel good and they are too expensive to buy more than one pair a year. I scuff my shoes terribly on the heels when I drive.

(don't tell Clog Hater, but I usually just wear clogs)

Monkey's Human

Blogger Jaded said...

There aren't heels high enough to make my ass look hot, so there's no point.

I have never worn heels unless it was in a show, and even then they weren't TOO high. I'm 5'8, so I don't need to look taller, and I see no reason to walk around in pain all day while trying not to break my ankle...or my neck. Nope, no thanks. I'll pass on that whole mess.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I wear ugly comfy shoes to school. And I am proud.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Calzone- just for you a toe picture.

twisted- what not to wear got me all excited at first, but then I thought they were just plain mean.

monkey- clogs rules.. they make your feet look like potatoes.

jaded- I'm 5'5. nuff said

anthony- damnit, I was gonna ask you to "break mine in for me" a la turk from scrubs does for carla.

Brooke- I think teachers get exempt for pretty much any rule of workplace fashion for women. Especially elementary school teachers. Getting an expensive top covered in paint only happens once, then you start shopping at target.
I'm still not big on those themed sweatshirt-applique numbers that are for different seasons, you know the ones with pumpkins or snow men... that must come from a special store or something.

Blogger Fredo Teabaggins said...

Remember when you were a whiny middle school brat?

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting