Friday, November 18, 2005
Are you Darlene?
I had a day off today, and probably won't be doing much more work between now and when I leave with imminent exams and large ass papers to write.

I needed a change of pace, so I got all dressed, let my hair go all curly and cute and went to the coffee shop. I walked in, and noticed 3 older hot firemen checking me out... always nice.
I set up with coffee, all my papers, headphones rockin and went to work..

Then it happened.

A physically fit friend of the firemen, with gray hair approached me.
"Are you Darlene?" he asked.
I politely said no and he walked off.
While that was the end of our interaction I couldn't stop thinking about it and his sitting nearby looking at me with random confusion didn't help.

Do I look like a Darlene?
Who was Darlene? Was she a blind date? a prospective employee?
Do I look old enough to go on a date with him?
I look like I could be his daughter.... is he meeting a long lost daughter?

I went through different levels of insult and confusion, finished my drink, and left.
I've never been able to loiter in a coffee shop alone.

Especially when creepy older man want to be my daddy...
or my sugar daddy...
ewww...


7 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

You don't want anything to do with a firman. Trust me.

Maybe it was someone he rescued once.

Blogger . said...

Darlene...from the Rosanne television show..her name is Sarah Gilbert.

Dude was old...and sounds like to me he was making a joke...and breaking the ice.

http://lorry.org/scrapbook/darleen.jpg

Blogger Loz said...

maybe it was like the start of Where the Heart Is, and he was pretending he knew you so you wouldn't need to ask him for a place to stay since your boyfriend ditched you at the Walmart.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

It was a line. I actually taught some friends of my ex-boyfriend that pick-up technique, worked like a charm.

They wanted you, of course.

Blogger Fella said...

Who doesn't?

After we talked last night the same thought that "you don't know" had, ocurred to me. I always thought Darlene was smokey.

Blogger Loz said...

fine, fine! ditch her at a classy establishment then!

Blogger msmachine said...

The first time I visited your blog I noticed a resemblance in your profile to Darlene from the Roseanne show...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting