Tuesday, December 05, 2006
God Damned Republican Dentists.

I've just finished reading devouring "Running with Scissors".
This book has given me a new perspective on my life and my mother in particular. Can I just say, she rocks?

My republican dentist however is a condescending bastard. Today I was asked to come in one hour early for an appointment, then I had to sit and wait for 45 minutes. Already I'm a tad miffed.
While he is jabbing the side of my mouth with big, sharp needle he starts talking the the nurse:

Stupid Dentist: Considering this filling is on a contact point we should probably use the alternate filling style. The usual style might not be able to handle the wear and tear.

Nurse: Would you like me to talk to her?

Stupid Dentist: Yes you talk to her while I go speak to her mother.

At this point I don't know what the hell is going on. Are they talking about me? a previous patient? Then the dentist leaves and I give the nurse my best "WTF" face without being rude. She then explains to me that because of where the filling is being placed they want to use a silver filling instead of a white one because they don't last as long. I ask a couple questions and I agree that the silver one is probably best, not that she was asking my opinion in the matter.

The dentist then returns, jabs me some more and starts scraping at my teeth, causing that awful burnt-out-hair-dryer-smell. Ewww...
Before he is about to place the filling in he interrupts his current "why I'm a friendly republican" story to ask the Nurse if she and I had discussed "the situation".
If I didn't have three hands in my mouth and a hole in my tooth that needed filling I would have left. I wanted to scream at him "What the hell is with you!!?! Have you ever read my chart? You are aware that I turn 24 next week not 14, right?! You know that I can make informed decisions? You know that it is your job to inform me of my choices? WHY would you leave this to your nurse, we aren't talking about my first god-damned period here, its just a filling."

But I didn't. I Just sat there with the three hands in my mouth, not very sure what was going on and how deformed my smile would be and then got in the car and cried.

I hate depression.


7 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

You know how sometimes your brain sends warning signals to you reagrding certain behavior? Well this is one of those times where my brain is like "dude, don't be a jackass". Normally I would tell that guy to fuck off, cause he's an asshole, but most of the time he knows what's best.

Sorry your dentist is a jerk. Mine is awesome, you should go see him.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I wonder if he has any openings.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i hate the dentist so much.

the other night i had a nightmare that i married one.

AAAGGGHHH!!!!!

Blogger Fella said...

what kind of pedophile barber gives out candy?

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Do not go back to that man. If you do, be sure to kick him in the nuts on your way out.

Blogger Monkey said...

Oh Miss Knit! I would have cried too! The man sounds like a barbarian. A new dentist is indicated. STAT.

I send furry hugs.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

That makes me want to cry.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting