Tuesday, December 13, 2005
I guess Clemency is for GirlyMen.
I would like to think I could sweep this under the rug of "thats-what-we-get-for-electing-a-guvernator" but its not true. That would be easy though wouldn't it? I mean Arnold did make movies (excluding kindergarten cop) that were filled with death, blood and gore. It's kinda frightening that he is the one that gets to decide if a man lives or dies, this man that has built an empire off of depicting the same violence on film.

But it's not that simple, and a lot more people then just the governor want him dead.

A lot of them are the same people that stood outside terry shiavo's hospital room demanding she be kept on the feeding tube.

A lot of them are the same people that picket abortion clinics.

I don't understand this mentality of being able to judge one life over another. I've never felt that powerful or that sure of anything.

I don't know what gives people this sense of entitlement, this feeling that they know whose life is more valuable then whose.

And I don't want to know.

All I know is 4 people died.
And now a 5th will too.


2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

this is my third attempt to leave a comment, but i have so many different things to say that i can't come up with anything at all. when i can speak intelligently, i will come back. the whole system just doesn't make any sense, i will say that much.

Blogger Molly said...

You hit the nail on the head. Thats exactly the type of person that wanted him dead.

Him and everyone else that doesn't look like them.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting