Saturday, January 21, 2006
Pictures, Movies!!
Finally some pictures!!



This is the screen that showed me in korea where I needed to go to catch my flight! Thank goodness for flight numbers!





These birds are everywhere! like pigeons! they are called Ibis and you better not feed them!





All the trees seem to be littering the city with beautiful flowers, all strange to me..


And now some movies!!

This one was taken on the first day I got here, after whirlwind ride on the "CityCat" high speed ferry that takes you all over the city..We did try to feed an Ibis, but much to TFG's dismay, they wouldn't eat out of his hand.




This one was taken on Friday, after yet another day of walking and applying for apartments.
We found a cheap grocery store and made a pizza, it was only $2!!
It was also disgusting!
I think next time we will splurge and get the $4 one..


Also...
Nick- I have been stealing wireless from the hostel but it's never strong enough to upload pictures, and I've been quite rude in msn convo's because I cut out all the time

Todd- I am less of drunk now that I'm poor, but I don't mind the joking at all.

Loz- The rain has been insane here! then the one day I think it is gonna rain and I dont' bring my sun screen with me I burn (even though I applied it before leaving like I do every day) then today we decided to go to the brisbane beach and its raining!
GRR

Ubie- Everyday, SPF 30, still burnt my shoulder though.

Thanks to everyone for all the comments.. more to come...


6 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

Fantastic pics, fantastic video...

Glad you're both loving it!!

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the apartment for you!

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

YAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you I can't stand it. I told you that you would never want to come back!

Blogger Loz said...

in about feb of last year on the sunshine coast it rained torrentially for 4 weeks SOLID. not a day of dry weather. i hope that doesn't happen in brisbane, but the weather in QLD can get a bit tropical! it's about 5,000,000 degrees here today...

i hope you can spread the word when you get back from your aussie adventure, and disspell some of the misconceptions about this fantastic country... ie. we're not drunk all the time...

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

staying in the hostel, I'm starting to think the aussies are the only ones that can hold their liquor!!

Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Enjoyed the videos. :)

Looks great there.

Blogger ChiroMum said...

These pics are GREAT!! Thanks for sharing...now I want to go traveling! Oh, and for what its worth, if the rooftop view in the video's are of your hostel, then you guys have an awesome hostel! Chirodad and I were all over the hostels on our honeymoon (London and Scotland).

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting