Thursday, April 13, 2006
V for Vendetta and other Thursday Night Ramblings.
TFG and I went to see V for Vendetta last weekend and then had a nice drink at the bar and chatted. I really enjoyed it since it wasn't very black and white, but some aspects kinda irked me. The bottom line I guess is that it makes you think, and its always nice when a movie can do that.
In true TFG fashion, he wrote a review
If you haven't seen the film and plan on it, you may find a few spoilers in there.
If you have seen it or don't plan on seeing it, get your ass over and comment on my lovies blog.

Thank you.
___________________________________________________________
I got my haircut and it turned out quite nicely! I have enough layers that my thick hair doesn't mushroom out at the bottom and they gave me an aromatherapy neck and head massage.
good times.
_____________________________________________________________
In my universities final turn in the screws they are drilling slowly into my brain, they have posted the practicum assignments (the report telling us what schools we will student teach at for 4 weeks) and my assignment wasn't there.

Attached was this little note (italics are mine)
1. Do not panic, placements will be found. okay, breathing deeply, not going to panic
2. Many schools simply have not confirmed probable placements. okay, sounds reasonable.
3. We will know a lot more by the end of the first week back at school (Friday 21st April) hmm... seeing as I start prac early may that is cutting it pretty close...
4. Education Queensland is now taking an active role to help us find the remainder of places. remainder places??! I though I had a placement that wasn't confirmed, now you are sending in reinforcements?!?
5. We have emergency plans including two students per teacher (in first practicums only) and more placements with Years 6 and 7. I have to teach 6th and 7th grade??!?! I didn't sign up for this shit!
6. Please do not contact the PEO asking if we have placed you. We need to spend all our time arranging the remainder of places. ya... I wonder why you don't want us calling...


3 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

Let me channel the QLD way of life for you for a moment:
"Nah, she'll be right mate!"

I'm sure everything will work out in time for you :)

Blogger FRITZ said...

Remember to keep breathing.

And pour yourself a couple stiff ones.

Blogger Jaded said...

I didn't have to student teach, thank God. I started teaching with an alternate route certificate, and then got my Master's to get my permanent certificate. I did the on the job training thing.

I hope that through all of the actual work, you guys are having the time of your lives!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting