Thursday, February 08, 2007
Oh The Joys of Teaching!

My home base while I teach is the library and because of that I have a variety of interesting conversations with students. One such conversation was not so much interesting as it was scary.

After school today a student asked to borrow a pair of scissors. After trying a couple of draws with no luck, I asked the girl what reason she had for needing them she said "The mouse on the computer I logged onto is missing and I need to take the mouse off the other computer". She thought that in order to do that she would have to cut the cord on the mouse.
What she thought would happen after she cut the cord I don't know, I just don't plan of giving out scissors. ever.

Labels: ,



10 Comments:

Blogger Sysm said...

Are you teaching at a Youth Correctional Facility?

Blogger knitty kitty said...

nope, just school frequented before and after the correctional facility

Blogger Jaded said...

I got stabbed by a student with scissors. Use only the rounded, kiddie scissors in your classroom. They work fine, plus, they don't draw blood.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

If she was teaching at a correctional facility, the kid would've used the scissors to stab the kid with the WORKING mouse, and just use his computer.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

ubie is right.

this story is awesome.

Blogger msmachine said...

Do you carry tape with you too?

Blogger yournamehere said...

I weep for the future.

Blogger Dr. Sardonic said...

The technical term for such a query is a luser-request, but I guess they're too young for such abuse (yet).

Apropos of nothing, thought you should see this.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Awesome.

I had a kid steal my keys today. When the Vice Principal asked her if she'd taken them, she said, "Oh yeah! They're right here! I saw them on Ms. McGee's desk and I just picked them up. I do that a lot."

!!!

Blogger Naynayfazz said...

What sysm wrote is funny. I was going to say a similar thing. I love how you had a picture to go with the blog entry. HA!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting