Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Wow
My posts have been sucking it lately and between that and big group hangover we are all experiencing the comments have been a tad low, I'm okay with that but I figure I should talk about it.
My posts have been sucking because well, nothing has been going on that is worth writing about! I used to be seeing all sorts of fabulous interesting things when I was in Australia, even if all I had to do was step out my door. I haven't even gotten that far lately. The best I've done is Costco and the dog park and while I have made funny observations at both places (like how the bibles and the O'Reilly books are next to each other) they haven't really seemed blog worthy. The other reason my posts have been weak can be attributed to family issues. My father went to visit his siblings and father only to figure out that his brother (who was the only one in a 5 hour vicinity) had been slowly watching their father kill himself through malnutrition and alcoholism. This piece of human garbage I no longer call "Uncle" threw frozen dinners at my Grandfather during his once a week drive-by visit on his way back to his house to eat the lobster he bought at Whole Foods. So now my grandfather is in the hospital and things here have been stressed to say the least.


The good news is that TFG has found me a fabulous place to live and I can't wait to move in and start feeling a little more settled.

As far as the weak comments, I put the blame for that squarely on you people, especially you lurkers.

So in honour of De-lurking week, can I introduce Fluffy?
I wouldn't ignore Fluffy.

Labels: , ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Your posts have been fan-fucking-tastic, girl, so don't you be getting down on yourself.

I am so sorry about your grandfather. We went through a similar situation with my grandmother three years ago. My good-for-nothing uncles live far away, leaving care of my grandmother to my mom. Grandma's always been a heavy drinker, but the older she got, the worse it got. She stopped eating, even though we kept her refrigerator stocked, and stopped cleaning, so even though we had a housekeeper coming in once a week, her house kept getting filthier and more cluttered. After an attempted intervention, and many tearful family discussions, we finally decided to have her admitted to the hospital to detox, and then moved her to a nursing home. She hated us at first, but within months began to flourish, and was eventually able to move into one of the assisted living apartments. She's doing better than she's been in a decade, and will easily live to her nineties. If we'd let her keep living on her own, she would have been dead in a year. Alcoholism is an ugly disease, and very commonly escalates in the elderly. I'm really sorry your family is going through this.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

you should send fluffy after that good for nothing uncle.

that'll learn him.

Blogger msmachine said...

I can't help but lurk, however, a new place to live is a good reason to jump out and say Hooray! (Really I am afraid of Fluffy). And my espresso machine came from Aussie (same as the man who gave it to me).
I love your posts.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Oy! I can't believe I neglected to add: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE APARTMENT!!!

Blogger Megan said...

i'm not a lurker. i'm just tired. but i do come by most days.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting