Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Happy Fucking New Year
Want to know the one thing I truly hate about the New Year?! Ad's for weight loss programs/foods or pills.
Why do all the "After" pictures look like anorexic twigs?! I see these women in the "After" shots and I want to tie them to a chair and feed them a burger. The worst is the "Total Cereal" ad.

If you have not had your retina's scared by this terrible ad, let me give you a quick synopsis. A woman is going through her old clothes and finds some torn up jeans she wore back in her hippy days. Her daughter sees them and says "ooh mom, you used to fit in these?!" the mother is so shamed by her daughter's comment that she goes on a "Total" diet and loses enough weight to fit into the same jeans she wore when she was 20.

Can I just give a big ol' "Fuck you" to Total Cereal? A 40 year old woman and a 17 year old girl do not have the same jean size and quite frankly, they shouldn't.

If I could rewrite this advertisement it would go like this:

*jeans get pulled out of old box*
Daughter: Wow mom, you used to fit in those jeans?
Mom: Yes dear, then I gave birth to you, you ungrateful shit. Get your god damned hands off my jeans.

Labels: ,



10 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

I, also hate that commercial. It also has the undercurrent that moms and daughters are in competition for male attention.

It is another example of baby boomers refusing to acknowledge that they should settle the fuck down and grow up.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

You need to go into advertising. Immediately.

Blogger knitty kitty said...

oh ubie, how I heart you.
brooke- there is sure a lot more money there then in teaching!

Blogger Tits McGee said...

I love you sooooooooo much.

Blogger msmachine said...

I have not seen this comercial but I love your version. I wanted mom to tell the 17 year old that she is grounded too and then smile!

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i was the same size as my mom when i was 17.

i have no reason for this. she's small. i'm bigger than she is now.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

but aside from my freakish family, i do think you're right.

sorry.

Blogger FRITZ said...

I also fucking hate that ad. The music bothers me, too...
"oh, baby give me one more chance".

They are a pair of JEANS. That daughter should be SHOT. The guy who came up with that whole vignette should be CASTRATED.

I really, really like you.

Blogger Fella said...

you guys pay way too much attention to commercials.

Blogger Maddie said...

I also hate diet commercials- they are such crap!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting