Sunday, January 14, 2007
Reason number 223665433 that my family is fucked
Oh fair bloggers, as I finish the last glass of a fantastic bottle of wine I feel the need to share a short conversation that I had this evening with my parents whilst watching "24". I think that this interaction with them is a great example of why I am so messed up, in a socially positive way.

As my father left the living room adjacent to the kitchen to grab a piece of chocolate the discussion began:

Dad: I am going to get chocolate, I could get it for myself but...
Me: That would be terribly rude
Mum: Bring the chocolate or suffer the consequences.
Dad: Fair enough, I do want to get laid tonight.
Mum: ::exasperated sigh::
Me: Dad, so do I but some things just ain't happening.
Dad: Ah well, worth a shot.

Scientists have not fathomed a number high enough to count the amount of times my parents and I have had a conversation filled with talks of sex or sexual innuendo.

As I begin to ponder having my own children I feel like I should record these moments and show them to them when they take me for group therapy.

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Sadly, after two cancer surgeries, my parents just throw their innuendos in our, their children's, direction.

But my mom's forearm stuck in a turkey will remain a classic for me.

Blogger Jaded said...

Uhhhhh....that is one thing I'd rather not hear about from either of my parents. I was conceived immaculately, dammit. I think any conversation to the contrary might make my ears bleed.

Blogger Fella said...

I'm with Jaded.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I'm with Nick and Jaded.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

That's fabulous, and exactly how I want to be with Hubby in front of our children.

Blogger Maddie said...

I have an uncle and aunt who constantly terrify the family with all sorts of sexual innuendo. A few weeks ago, she put on a wrap around dress and necklace my uncle gave her...and she proceded to BEND forward to show off her cleavage to him. I totally choked on vomit.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting