Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Babies and other such nonsense...
I can't help it.
I let him do it again.
Tom-Fucking-Cruise.

I guess that's not fair. He didn't say it, just his cult.
Stupid Scientologists.
"Silent births"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

For those of you that didn't hear, Scientology believes that the process of childbirth is very traumatic experience for the baby, and it to make it easier, the mother shouldn't scream.
And nobody should talk.
For the next 7 days.
Nor should blood tests or other such things be done.
Just let the baby recover.

Now, I know I'm not a scientist, but the last time I checked, babies didn't magically grow ears, after they left the womb.
The ears are there and functioning while they are still in utero.

Bottom line?
They hear stuff. Lots of stuff.
Then (according to Scientology) they should come out, and not hear anything.

I think the baby would feel like this:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


4 Comments:

Blogger diadima said...

silent birth eh.

my mom says she didn't scream or anything when i was born. she had me sans drugs, but it was an easy labour and only a few hours. of course, the family was all screaming and 'look at the baby, it's a baby, baby baby baby' and i don't feel especially traumatized by any of it, so i'm not sure what the hell kind of difference it makes if you're quiet for seven days or not at all.

scientology is a pile of bullshit and tom cruise is the king of the pile.

re-tawd-ed

Blogger Loz said...

i also heard that the baby can't be cleaned for a week as well, but i don't know if i got that from a reliable source. i can't imagine the rule about not screaming was made up by a woman.
pure rubbish.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

While I agree it's utter nonsense, it WILL be good for Tom Cruise to shut up for a week.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

If being silent during birth will guarantee that my future baby turns out nothing like Tom Cruise - then duct tape my mouth shut and everyone else's within 10 square miles.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting