Wednesday, January 25, 2006
searching webmd for Lyme disease..
Woke up this morning with a sore throat, headache and general pain.
No bites though.
Today we rented a car to run around the town, and get TFG's resumes into all the schools. The system here for substitute teaching is quite different, and each individual school keeps a list of substitutes and call them when they need them. This means that if you want to teach you have to go around to all the schools and introduce yourself, hence the rental car.

The kicker is that TFG will get paid 51 dollars an hour! I got paid 15! so wrong, but oh so right when ya think that one day of work would pay our rent for the week!

The day ended well with me finally getting what I had been aching for since I got here, a beautiful green salad.

Still feeling shitty though, hoping that will go away soon!

Also the whole "having a car" thing was mint, and we got to see the ocean...
We will have to seriously re-consider this whole "no car thing"

The no cable thing can stay... but the travelling we could do with a good camping set..


Been getting hormonal lately, tired of the hostel, miss my family, miss my blog family.

I'm such a baby.


11 Comments:

Blogger Monkey said...

You sound like my human. Lyme disease indeed.

$51.00 per hour is sweet. SWEET I tell you! And I am so jealous of the two of you driving around and seeing the ocean in Oz.... I can't tell you.

Hope you feel better soon.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

It was probably the airplane ride, not the hostile hostel tick.

You'll adjust, and then you'll be happy.

The UberGirls and I will watch "Finding Nemo" in your honor today.

Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Sorry you feel crappy!! FEEL BETTER!

Blogger Loz said...

Yes, there is no feeling crappy today - not on Rex Manning Day! I mean... Australia Day!

Australians all let us rejoice for we are young and free...

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i am jealous of your international ways.

but not of your hostel. may i send you some plastic wrapped target brand sheets? (i'm poor)

Blogger ginonymous said...

what the hell have you got him doing for that kind of money? walking the streets?

good lord. i want an ocean.

Blogger Fella said...

It's 51 dolalrs AUS which is like 6 bucks or something is real money.

Blogger Loz said...

I think you meant to say that $51 of real money equates to $38.34 of phoney baloney money.

Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Have you seen Wolf Creek? It's very helpful for Australian travellers.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

like hell I'm gonna go see wolf creek!

the ticks, weren't infact ticks, they are an aussie equivalent of dust mites only a gazillion times bigger and biting. no fun.

we have to quarantine our stuff kinda like dealing with lice since they die when there is no body heat.

convert his pay six ways to sunday and its still more then I ever made as a subsitute.

miss you guys..

Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Your blog family is here for you, baby.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting