Thursday, November 16, 2006
Back in the U.S.A
I made it home safe and sound, but I had to experience Wednesday for 40 hours, watch 8 films, eat 4 airplane meals and sleep a total of 8 hours. I flew business class so I can't really complain about the flight.

While I was in the air there was a small tsunami in Japan, my uncle died and my mother's monogram caused "concern" with her doctor.
Lovely.
The jet lag hasn't really hit me yet and while seeing my dogs and my family is great, the suburbs of California are nothing compared to my tiny apartment in Brisbane and the whole life I just left behind.
It's 9:30 pm on Thursday but my laptop clock says 3:14 pm on Friday and I don't really want to change it.
I'm sure it will get better, I was just so used to being full on everyday, either teaching or traveling around seeing new things and the most exciting thing that happened while I was gone was that a "Staples" opened up near our house.
Woopie! I can buy paper a mile away when before I had drive one suburb over.


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back safely. So sorry to hear about your uncle and your mom...I had the same thing happen with a mammogram, but it turned out to be nothing but scar tissue. I was still freaked out. I'll keep her in my prayers.

You know, as I was reading your post, all I could think was that it wasn't so much the country you were in that made the difference as it was that you and TFG were on your own, living your own lives. You weren't with your parents, you were doing what you wanted, when you wanted and it was all about you! You can have that sort of life experience no matter where you live as long as you make the effort to do it and don't fall back into the "I'm home" rut.

You and TFG should just choose a new place to live and go LIVE.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

that the plan, Feb. 1st, in Toronto. For now TFG gets to run around new zealand first.

Blogger Fella said...

Welcome back to the best country!

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Glad you're home safe. I know exactly, and quite painfully, how you are feeling right now.

Big hugs - hope mom is ok.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Sorry about your uncle.

And we'll be hoping for the best for your mom.

I'm betting Nick didn't even read your post.

Blogger yournamehere said...

First of all, I'm sorry about the loss of your uncle.

On a completely unrelated note: Staples? FUCK YEAH!!!

Blogger Fella said...

Oh I read it.

Blogger Mike said...

soory about both your mom and uncle. Rest assured that most abnormal mamograms end up being nothing. Most abnormal monograms are secondary to obscure middle names.

Blogger Mike said...

also the less commonly known spelling for "sorry" is soory.

Blogger Tits McGee said...

Welcome back, Knitty. So sorry to hear about your uncle, and I, too, will keep your mom in my thoughts.

Rest up, and take your time settling back in.

::hugs::

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting