Sunday, February 05, 2006
It Feels Like Home to Me..
We moved into the the apartment.
We now have an address and a home phone.
That feels nice.

We can cook for ourselves (which we do fantastically) and watch movies and such on the free channels.
The bed is huge and comfy.

My course load is feeling a little heavy on my quickly shrinking frame.
Its amazing what walking 5km a day can do.

The course I'm in right now is trying to "get me in touch with my feelings" about being a teacher and wants me to write my assignments with "feeling" adjectives.
Bunch of new-age hippy crap.
I agree with them a little, it is important for teachers to get intouch with their feelings so that they can keep from killing all the little buggers, but a whole course?

Betty Friedan died. I watched a lovely piece on the Australian news about her.

What is with the middle east freaking out over a Danish cartoon?!?!
Is it as big of a deal back home as it is here?

I miss my blog community and can't wait to go onto MY computer at MY leisure and click on all the bookmarks leading me back to all of you.

With the price of booze around here there will be less drunk posts I swear.
TFG did just buy me a bottle gin yesterday though. I love him all the more because he remembered the tonic.


Miss all of ya!


5 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

You'll feel so much better know that you're settled.

Nobody here understands why the mideast has gone crazy over a cartoon, either.

We miss you, too.

Blogger Jaded said...

Glad to hear you're in you "real" place and getting settled in.

I never had to take a course like the one you described. I think I'd have laughed through the whole thing. The fact is, as you have seen since you were actually in a classroom for quite a while, what you learn in books often does not have any relation to what you do in a classroom. It's all nice and politically correct, but kids throw you curve balls every second of every day. The only way to prepare for it is to just be there and deal with it. I found the methods and materials classes to be the most beneficial. Oh, and classes that taught about the different types of learners and what things worked best for each. That stuff was really helpful. That's just me, though. I hope you're having funfunfun!!!

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, it is a big deal here and no, no one can figure out what the hell they're going on about this time.

Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Awwww. Drunk posts are hic fun!

Blogger Calzone said...

one day at a time

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting